Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys having a bit of trouble finding which wire to TAP the purple/white (reverse from headunit) wire into, it's a pioneer double din. Anyone know of a wiring diagram or maybe a thread w/ pictures? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2010 rav4, trim is a base model. Radio is a pioneer AVH-X4800BS. Appreciate any help. I've tried googling and searching through the forums with no luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys having a bit of trouble finding which wire to TAP the purple/white (reverse from headunit) wire into, it's a pioneer double din. Anyone know of a wiring diagram or maybe a thread w/ pictures? :)
Hi bradsayz,

Did you ever find a solution to your wiring question? I am installing an aftermarket reverse camera that I bought on Amazon for my 2008 RAV4 Limited and could use the same information. I need wiring instructions for the whole thing.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there Macaid. Unfortunately I've yet to find the right wire for reverse. Sometime when the weather gets a little warmer here in Washington i'll probably just tap in the the reverse lights themselves. As far as wiring instructions go just buy a harness adapter and splice those into your head unit.

Current picture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, new to the forum. 2011 Sport, I hooked up my backup camera today. My cameras AV wire also had a red lead wire built in which I hooked up to the purple trigger wire behind the dash unit. You could easily just run a separate wire from the back if your camera wire is just AV. There is a place above the fuse box I believe you can tap into also.
Tapping my reverse wire was super simple since I also have a T connector for a trailer wire harness. I just cut into the cross wire, and spliced out power to the camera. Doing the whole camera install takes time, as a lot of panels need to be removed.
I went with a Rydeen camera for quality picture and durability
Head unit is JVC, and a lot of connections to make everything work. Steering wheel controls, and Sat radio using existing factory antenna.
This forum is great for finding info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear captkern1,

How do you like the Rydeen camera? Are you getting the picture quality you expected? I am not sure if I am going to keep the backup camera that I bought off Amazon and am looking at other options.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed today so I cant give long term review. But the picture quality is great, and amazing in low light. Time will tell. It certainly felt high quality installing it being solid metal. I bought the DUO model.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
Pry open this panel to the left of the steering column:

And use the red wire for your reverse trigger:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi JuneBug,

Thanks for the info! I already installed two T connectors onto the wire that goes into the passenger side reverse light. One wire is black and the other is white/black. Both register power when the car is in reverse when measured with a voltage detector. I thought one would be positive and the other ground. Now I am not sure where to splice in my red and red/black wires. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my rav 4 zxr 2009 head unit pzq60 00200 put aftrmarket camera as per drawing . I tapped into trigger wire passenger side under plastic foot trim along door area.hope this helps some people.
2019-07-30 18.34.13.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts