Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Car Review of the 2006 Toyota RAV4 Compact Sport Utility Vehicle

They drove both the 4 cylinder and the V6, so of course, performance for the four was dinged on and given 5 out of 10 points... but only 7 for the V6?? Are they crazy? How many other SUV's out there can motor to 60 in less than 7 seconds?? :?

Also love how they specifically say "the third-generation RAV4 is sure to turn heads — without turning out your wallet" and then give the RAV only a 6 for price, all the while throwing a constant barrage of Grand Vitara banner ads in your face... :p

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Sometimes I think these auto reviewers are just as bad as some car salesman, they dont even know the facts and they are supposed to be the experts.

Quote:"Choose from two- or four-wheel-drive on all three models. The four-wheel-drive is electronically controlled, moving the power from the back two wheels to all four."

The RAV4 does not move power from the rear wheel to 4 wheel, it switches from front wheel drive to 4WD.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The G Man said:
Sometimes I think these auto reviewers are just as bad as some car salesman, they dont even know the facts and they are supposed to be the experts.

Quote:"Choose from two- or four-wheel-drive on all three models. The four-wheel-drive is electronically controlled, moving the power from the back two wheels to all four."

The RAV4 does not move power from the rear wheel to 4 wheel, it switches from front wheel drive to 4WD.
I read a review the other day that said the Rav4 was introduced by Toyota in 1997 to counter the CRV which had dominated the market since 1994. Good research.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The standard engine on the RAV4 is borderline-adequate for driving around town or commutes, but ...
The I4 is borderline adequate?!?! Geez...I wonder what is adequate for them. I have a '99 Corolla w/ a 1.8L engine putting out 120HP and that is more than adequate for driving around town and commutes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah - they are so off on that review and so wrong on so many accounts it's ridiculous. I feel dirty just for having wasted my valuable time even reading that review!! I'm off for a shower to clean the filth off from that review!!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
My car has the Toyota V8 in it and going from my V8 to my wife's I4, I honestly have to say that the I4 has enough power for a 3400 pound car in almost all situations, incuding highway passing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts