Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for one steel rim for my 2007 RAV4.

The dealer told me the spare tire rim was the wrong size and I am having s tough time finding a used one.

Any advice? Anyone selling one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'd double-check what the Dealer is saying. What is on there now? (Post the tire size, and history of how this rim got there.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spare tire is a 215/70/16 tire on a 5-spoke rim. It looks the same as the other rims.

When the dealer was taking the tires off, he showed me that the rim was loose on the axle. It didn't fit snugly.

I'm not sure why a 16 inch rim that fits in the correct siz tire would be loose on the axle.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have that same tire as my Toyota OEM steel wheel. Go to a tire shop like Americas Tire/Discount Tire and get their opinion if the wheel is structurally okay--it should be a free inquiry. Hard to imagine it could go bad just sitting on the back as a spare. Some dealers say the strangest things, especially when trying to sell something. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
07RedRav4 the wheels from your avatar do not look like the factory steel ones. Many after market wheels are universal sizes which requires a hub ring to fit due to different hub sizes. Could that be the reason the wheel does not fit snug ? (missing hub ring)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think they mean the hub bore size (center hole in the wheel) is different, probably an aftermarket wheel was replaced as your spare at some point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked the RIM at a shop and it turns out it's OEM. Maybe the dealer was trying to sell me a RIM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts