Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some research to find black rims to match my black 06 rav4 limited, the specs online says that my current rim is a 17x7 according to this link:

Toyota RAV4 2006 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

i have the 225/65r17 wheels which look like the ones pictured in this link on the red rav4:

Stock 2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4wd 2.4 engine 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

does anyone know the actual weight of this rim?

Secondly

As much as i'd love to put volk te37's on her, that would be a little over excessive. as i still need some budget for a small low pro sub and a pioneer nex8000 deck.

currently i'm looking at these wheels:

FAST HAYAKU F139 WHEEL - SATIN BLACK 17'' | AWSIDE AUTOSPORT

it has an offset of 42 which is very close to my stock ones which are 40.

it weighs 18lbs per rim, so i wanted to make sure that if i buy aftermarket rims that they are at least the same weight or lighter.

does anyone have any experience with these rims?
they seem to be priced very well right now and looks like a suitable look for my rav4.

thanks

·
Registered
2007 RAV4 Limited 2.4L 4WD
239 Posts
After doing some research to find black rims to match my black 06 rav4 limited, the specs online says that my current rim is a 17x7 according to this link:

Toyota RAV4 2006 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

i have the 225/65r17 wheels which look like the ones pictured in this link on the red rav4:

Stock 2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4wd 2.4 engine 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

does anyone know the actual weight of this rim?
I haven't weighed them myself, but someone else reported (on this forum, about 7 or 8 years ago) that they weigh 23 pounds each.

it has an offset of 42 which is very close to my stock ones which are 40.
Actually the stock rim's offset is 45 mm. It's cast into the back of one of the spokes. Wheel-Size.com can't be trusted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did remember reading something where they said it was from 23-25 lbs for stock, i was hoping someone could confirm.

also since you've clarified that they are 45mm offset stock and another guy i was talking on the phone with at a wheel shop confirmed that as well then i believe them to be 45mm. I will try to remove the wheel later to see.

So since i'm moving from a 45 to a 42mm offset can you guy see there being any issues with the 3 mm, it seems very minuscule so i'm thinking it won't be an issue but maybe someone can give some advice.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
no issue at all with the offset change...the wheels will just stick out a little bit more...will make it look tough lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have those factory rims on our 2007 Limited. I took them to work and weighted them when I had my Continental Extreme Winter contact tires mounted. The spec sheet for the Continental tires says the tires weight 28lbs, the wheels with the tires mounted came in at 52lbs, so the wheels weight about 24lbs (which includes the weight of the tire pressure sensors and wheel balancing weights).

The offset is 45mm. 42mm offset should not be a problem.
Here is a great site for checking the difference between different wheel and tire sizes.
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts