Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been searching the forums for rims spec and an unable to find.

Pictured is the information on the inside of the rims on a 2006 rav4. I am looking into getting aftermarket alloy rims as the current rims are rusty. The wheels are new and I want to reuse them on the new rims.

I understand the 17 x 6 1/2. Meaursed the bolt pattern at 114.3mm. Can anyone tell me what the numbers 6 06/65WW28 means? Do these numbers have anything to do with offset?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The RAV4 usually have a offset of 45. Your car can use wheels with offset between 35 to 45.

You can check the wheel spec on this site.

I just tried installing new aftermarket alloys and the caps hit the axle stud. The online seller is shipping caps that stick out more.
It goes to show you aftermarket wheels may not fit even when all the specs line up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The RAV4 usually have a offset of 45. Your car can use wheels with offset between 35 to 45.

You can check the wheel spec on this site.

I just tried installing new aftermarket alloys and the caps hit the axle stud. The online seller is shipping caps that stick out more.
It goes to show you aftermarket wheels may not fit even when all the specs line up.
Where did you order your rims? I'm looking at Replikas from carid. Link below.

Thank you for the response.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
If your rims are rusty, try cleaning them and repainting. It's cheap and easy. If you don't want to mess with it, try taking them in to be sandblasted and painted.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Another spec that is important is the bore. 60.1 mm. Our wheels are bore centric, not lug centric. Most aftermarket wheels will not have the right bore and will require an adapter ring. In high load situations you can unevenly load your studs, and sheer them off. Like ALL of them off. I see this happening every once in a while on a Japanese truck, and in every case they are running aftermarket wheels with no rings.

Also remember that it is a 5x114.3 (or 4.5") and not the 4x114.3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your rims are rusty, try cleaning them and repainting. It's cheap and easy. If you don't want to mess with it, try taking them in to be sandblasted and painted.

My plan is to sand blast the old rims and have them powder coated. The new rims will be needed so the vehicle can still be used while getting the original rims redone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts