Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 RAV4 6 cyl, 4WD: I ran over a heavy duty semi come along strap and it continued to drag along the under carriage. Pulled over and the damn thing had hooked just right to catch the skid plate right on the corner. This is the skid plate that is under the drivers seat area and covers some big plastic box. Now the CEL, TRAC and 4WD lights came on. On further inspection the next day I noticed that the hook of the come along had shattered the corner of this plastic box. It is a pretty small area, but I can slightly see inside the box. I did not notice the lights until the next morning - that doesn't mean they were not on right after it happened though, I was not looking for it. Now they stay on.

What is this box?
Could this have caused the lights?

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Agree with DVS. Since you struck it apparently on the highway it's possible that your insurance may pay for part of the repair cost, probably depending in part on whether the cone was in a travel lane or you struck it while it was marking a warning area and you drove out of the travel lane. If the damage is to the evap canister it's a pricey repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts