Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back earlier in the week from a road trip from TN to FL in our new Rav4 Hybrid Limited. It had 500 miles on it when we left town. Over 1700+ miles, we averaged 37.2 MPG. We went mostly state/US highways, 50 to 65 MPH speed limits most of the way, only about 50 miles of Interstate driving.

We are very happy with the fuel economy. Not as good as our 2010 Prius, but we like the more spacious interior, the comfortable ride, less road noise and extra cargo space. As I mentioned on another thread, we also like all the technology features, especially the radar cruise control and blind spot monitors, and also the rear backup cross-traffic and pedestrian alerts, the birds-eye view for parking, and, well, just about everything. And the handling, which is much better than I expected.

So far we are thrilled with our Rav4 Hybrid and don't even miss our beloved Prius that much. (We're getting old and it's getting harder and harder to get in and out of it. The Rav4 is much easier.) We call it our "Big Prius."

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good review!!! It's funny that my kids call my Rav4 also as the "big prius". And my mpg is also going up, hovering around 38/39 and trying to get it to 40 mpg in average! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome back...I guess :rolleyes:

I to came from a Prius, which I was very satisfied with. In nearly every way, the RAV4 is better for me. Glad you had a good trip. :thumbs_up:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts