Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a 2500 mile road trip with my wife to Maine with many side trips. We were loaded pretty heavily with all the items needed for a two week trip. The Rav performed flawlessly. I averaged 28mpg with highway speeds sometimes hitting 80mph and the side trips included stop and go and slow sightseeing trips. We did a couple of 500 mile days . The Rav4 took it all in stride. I was not sure what to expect as far as comfort on this extended trip but we were pleasantly surprised. The only mishap was a chip in the windshield from a rock that was thrown up from a passing truck. Needless to say I am happy with my Rav and the Toyota reliability.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I couldnt agree more. Last Sunday I needed to drive from Raleigh to Atlanta for business. Round trip was 865 miles. Then over the weekend we drove from Raleigh to Nashville for a great show Friday night at the Grand Old Opry. Drove back Saturday, total that trip was 1200 mi. So 2000 miles in one week! Im exhausted but the '10 Rav (125k miles) performed excellent! Awesome car!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Glad to hear! I'll be doing a 2500+ mile trip with my 2015 in a few weeks. Headed to Charleston, SC from Iowa with a few stops along the way. I am curious to see how the rav handles it!

·
Registered
143 Posts
How did the paint on front bumper and hood hold up? On my 900 mile trip I had 5 chips in the paint. On the trip home I put painters tape on the front to avoid any additional chips. It wasn't preety but did the job.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No new paint damage but it did worry me with all the truck traffic. My windshield did not fare as well though. BTW: I bought a bug shield for the trip but I hated the way it looked so I took it off. So I have a brand new never used bug shield if anyone wants one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No new paint damage but it did worry me with all the truck traffic. My windshield did not fare as well though. BTW: I bought a bug shield for the trip but I hated the way it looked so I took it off. So I have a brand new never used bug shield if anyone wants one.
Sorry to hear about windshield, on my trip I had many close calls with the windshield. I had rocks popping up hitting windshield making such a loud pop sound a few times I thought for sure the windshield cracked. I take this same trip every year and never had these issues with other cars that I had with rav4. Never had paint chips or rocks hitting windshield to the degree they did. Hoping it was a onetime fluke incident.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts