Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a very snowy climate, and when the temperature drops to 37° the car beeps at me and says roads may be slippery drive with care. Is there any way to permanently disable this?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm driving through 6 inches of snow with very poor visibility and I have to listen to this annoying beep several times a week. Not only is it worthless, but extremely annoying.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For the love of pasta I wish there was! I'm sick of that notice! Along with the lane drift might not be available below.. that pops up EVERY STINKING TIME I STOP A LIGHT! All the alerts and noises certainly distract me and cause road rage.

·
Registered
216 Posts
For the love of pasta I wish there was! I'm sick of that notice! Along with the lane drift might not be available below.. that pops up EVERY STINKING TIME I STOP A LIGHT! All the alerts and noises certainly distract me and cause road rage.
Seriously, the pop-up appears at every stop? My actual car gives me the notice at startup or when the temperature gets around 4 celcius but that's it. I tried the Rav4 Hybrid this winter and it was -10 celcius, and I don't remember that I had this advice that often. Is it possible that this behavior is different in Canada?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes sitting in a parking lot the temperature will rise because of the engine and then lower when you start moving. Sometimes parking in the sun will raise the thermometer. Then there is leaving from your garage which will drop when you get outside and it makes noise again. Don't even get me started how annoying the front and rear bumper sensors are when I get a little bit of snow and slush on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts