Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the first two years of roadside assistance (just received it in the mail today) in the USA does not cover me when going to Canada. However, the extended warranty roadside assistance does cover Canada. Does this mean I'm out of luck for the first 2 years? Does anyone know? Does Canada have the same policy? My auto insurance covers me, so does my health insurance. This is not a big deal as my auto insurance will pick up the roadside assistance. It can be a PITA to keep up with changing policies. Life was so much simplier decades ago crossing over to Canada.
TIA
Bill

·
Registered
8,529 Posts

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
From the VSA brochure:
[FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF][FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF]Your Trusted Roadside Companion [/FONT] [FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF][FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF]Drive confident with 24/7 Roadside Assistance. If the unexpected happens to occur, our VSA will help get you back up and running with: [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF][/FONT][FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF][/FONT]
[FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF]• Towing to the nearest Toyota dealer3 [/FONT]
[FONT=CASWE R+ Neutra Text TF,Neutra Text TF]• Battery jump starts, flat tire and lockout assistance [/FONT]
• Delivery of up to 3 gallons of fuel3
• Coverage anywhere in the continental U.S. and Canada
Roadside assistance services provided by and through Cross Country Motor Club Inc. and Cross Country Motor Club of California Inc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off the phone with Toyota. If you did not purchase a Toyota extended warranty, you are not covered in Canada. However, if you did buy a Toyota extended warranty, then that policy takes over on day 1 (the day you purchased your Toyota) and you are 100% covered in Canada. When I called they knew everything about my RAV4 where my coverage is good till 2025. They also told me that if I break down, they would tow me to the nearest Toyota dealer in Canada. BC here we come. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts