Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pondering this question as I was making one of my usual trips from NY to NH last night through the wonderful weather we had. I guess it was brought on by seeing a number of broken down vehicles in precarious places along the highway.

I have 24-hour roadside assistance through GEICO (my insurance company) and 24-hour roadside assistance through Toyota (thanks to the certified used vehicle program).

The question is, which one should I use, god forbid my Rav4 ever leaves me stranded? I have never used Toyota RA before, however my mother used GEICO RA a few years ago when she had a dead battery, and they dispatched a local mechanic with a new battery pretty quick. I would assume that with Toyota RA, the service is provided by a local Toyota dealer?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Jeff, double check your contract for conditions on roadside assistance from Toyota. I have 24-hr roadside assistance through the Portfolio ext. warranty and it states that I'm suppose to use my insurance's roadside assistance first (AAA) if I have it. I don't know what it would mean if I called Toyota first.

·
Registered
685 Posts
GEICO would probably cover pulling you out of a snowbank, doubt that Toyota would........probably breakdown only......
I have Toyota RA, but I'd have to read the manual when the time came...... :oops: :oops: :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts