Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the back order issue is with the cross bars? Bought my hybrid RAV4 3 weeks ago and haven't received them yet. Dealer said there was an issue and Toyota has redo them so they are all back ordered. Any insight?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone know what the back order issue is with the cross bars? Bought my hybrid RAV4 3 weeks ago and haven't received them yet. Dealer said there was an issue and Toyota has redo them so they are all back ordered. Any insight?

Got mine from dealer 3 days after buying car on Easter Sunday. Haven't received any sort of recall notice yet. Haven't used them either since plan was to put ski rack up next winter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought mine in CT, you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nationwide recall?

So I just came back from my CT dealership who is refunding me because there is a nationwide backorder/shortage on them and that is why I haven't received them yet--at least that is what I'm told. Bizarre because I'm seeing them for sale through another dealership from MA website.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought the car in northern Virginia. I wanted them for ski season but turns out I'm not so sure I actually need them depending on what type of roof rack I get. I'll have to look into it more carefully once winter rolls around though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are selling them for $129.95

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assuming they are compatible to my 2016 XLE hybrid, how about $100? Can u send a pict?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great, do we want to figure out a way to work this out? Are you in CT?

·
Registered
44 Posts
is there anyway we can beef up toyota cross bars to accommodate more weight? like adding support bars?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts