Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 98 RAV4.
From reading forums and what I've learned is that Toyota basicly sold some of these cars with roof racks with no keys.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone who has key #21 could help me out.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks Kelly.

Ya, I've been around the forum here and there...
I don't have too much knowledge I can share, so I just end up being a spectator.

Well, I messaged someone a while back regarding this topic and got as far as him "ok"ing for sending me the key, and that's it. Havn't heard from him since... tried to message him back, but no answer... hope he's ok.

As for the roof rack key... I don't know of the key. I've never seen it... this car was my parents' car and just eventually became mine - since I used it more. They have 1set of keys and I have the other. We've had it since brand new and I've never seen the roof rack key before.

Anyhow!! Thanks for the reply. I have read those previous messages (picking locks, locksmith, etc...) but didn't see that SOMEONE ELSE has the same #21 roof rack key. I just contacted them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks for the reply. Someone previously told me that you can use a volkswagon golf?? gas cap key.
Sorry, i wish I could be more help since you're trying to helpme out... i've been really really busy at work these past days, and it's not going to get any better anytime soon.

Thanks for the quick replies. I really appreciate it.

416RAV

X

·
0 Posts
Hi. Any luck figuring out how to get a copy of #21? I could use the same key. I'd be glad to pay for a copy if you we're having one made.

M

·
0 Posts
xosop said:
Hi. Any luck figuring out how to get a copy of #21? I could use the same key. I'd be glad to pay for a copy if you we're having one made.
hi there... where are you from? ive mad a copy of #21 for 416RAV but he seems to be gone... so i have a spare one :)... need it? just give me full postal address...
im not familar with webgold or paypal so ill just ask you to send me back some (a lot) of postcards/pics of your country :) hehe...

G

·
0 Posts
Key #21: Do you still have an extra copy? :)

I was wondering if you still have that extra copy of key#21?
-g0cruz

G

·
0 Posts
megahiper: Do you still have that extra copy of Key#21?

I'm planning to purchase a used set of racks, but the keys are missing, the key# that I need is key#21, just wondering if I can
get help?

-g0cruz

M

·
0 Posts
Re: megahiper: Do you still have that extra copy of Key#21?

g0cruz said:
I'm planning to purchase a used set of racks, but the keys are missing, the key# that I need is key#21, just wondering if I can
get help?

-g0cruz
hi there!
while im still waiting for my postcards from 416RAV i can send you #21 too :)... in fact i can try to make and send a copy... because last time it took me about 2 weeks to find a blank key :)...
so all i need to know is where are you from and what is the full postal address of yours... if you can provide me such info... ill try to send you a #21 key...
p.s. 416RAV said that the key was fine and fits his lock...

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks in advance Megahiper

hey maybe you can just send me a life size photo (both sides) of the key so I can get my locksmith to duplicate it and save you all the trouble of doing the dirty work for me; I truly appreciate it though. In any case, if you still want to help out my zip code is 20121:
13920 Big Yankee LA
Centreville, VA 20121

how much so I can pay you?!.

Once Again, Thanks in Advance,
-g0cruz

M

·
0 Posts
Re: Thanks in advance Megahiper

g0cruz said:
hey maybe you can just send me a life size photo (both sides) of the key so I can get my locksmith to duplicate it and save you all the trouble of doing the dirty work for me; I truly appreciate it though. In any case, if you still want to help out my zip code is 20121:
13920 Big Yankee LA
Centreville, VA 20121

how much so I can pay you?!.
some photos you can find in my album... if you want some detailed photos then PM your email and ill send you some...
about postal service - it your locksmith wont be able to help you out with these pictures it is still possible that im gonna send you a copy of #21 by regular mail services... it will cost you nothing because i have no idea how it could be done :)... just ill need some postcards as reply from you... hehe...
so check my album and give me a sign if you need more/detailed pics...
p.s. im not familiar with usa post addresses..., do LA stands for Los Angeles? and that must be in United States? Or i have to write full - United States of America? :) sorry for stupid questions... and VA is just an abbreviation? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts