Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have reciently purchased a 2006 rav-4, Its a great car. The Toyota dealer that installed the roof rack cross bar has installed one of the cross bars backwards with the arrow towards the rear. I found a tsp,# pd001-04 on installing the roof rack cross bars but it dosn't show how to remove the leg cover. It looks like this cover can be easly damaged if not removed correctly. Can anyone tell me What type of tool to use to pry the cover up and what part of the cover to pry on to remove it?
Thanks, John Smith

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
js said:
I found a tsp,# pd001-04 on installing the roof rack cross bars but it dosn't show how to remove the leg cover.
Here's an UPDATED TSB showing the INSTALLATION. Looks similar to the 4.2 rack :D

http://www.rav4world.com/brochure/2006/2006_roof_rack_bars.pdf

Having the cross bars installed BACKWARDS could create excess wind noise :shock:

If you're afraid of damaging the endcap... have your dealer do the fix... since it's their fault in the first place :x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I finally got around to remove the end cap on the roof rack. It wasn't hard, you just have to be carful. I used a mechanics pick bent at a 90 degree angle. Slip the bent part of the pick, (not the pointy end) between the cap and the rubber base on the inside of the cap. Once the pick is inside the cap turn the pointy end up and gently pull the cap till the taps release, remove the pick and move the cap to the outside with your hand and the outer tabs will release, than lift up to remove the cap. follow the instructions of the TSB # pd079-05 for the installation. I hope I explaned it ok.
John Smith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts