Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just removed the roof rack that came with the RAV4… does not like it at all.

one question come up my mind…did I miss anything or is there anything that I should screw in to the screw hole? Or just put back the plastic cover?

Any advise is highly appreciated
Door Grey Bumper Trunk Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
1,774 Posts

one question come up my mind…did I miss anything or is there anything that I should screw in to the screw hole? Or just put back the plastic cover?

Any advise is highly appreciated View attachment 184317
View attachment 184316
Be sure to replace the plastic covers in the EXACT places you removed them from. They are different. Also there is an inside and an outside for each. I believe the edge with the small notch for removal should point toward the center of the roof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't put anything back in the screw hole and just put the plastic covers on. The threaded mounting hole is open at the bottom so any water should drain into to roof rack channels.
Here's my post:

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD
877 Posts

Any advise is highly appreciated View attachment 184317
View attachment 184316

Had the roof rails replaced on mine under warranty. Was told the rails are not water tight, even with the little cross bar bezels on. The screw hole you see is meant to be open, it is where the bolt that holds the optional cross bars secures to goes. You're good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts