Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need help removing the roof rails on my 2015 Rav Limited. I used the tool to loosen the top clamp but I don't know how to loosen the bottom clamp. Everything is plastic and I am afraid of breaking something.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Not sure what you mean by bottom clamp. Search for “roof rails gone”. Long thread about roof rail removal, but the link won’t seem to copy and paste right now.

Do you have the proper parts for sealing and covering things up once they’re gone? You need different clips, plastic cover and shorter bolts.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Hi, I need help removing the roof rails on my 2015 Rav Limited. I used the tool to loosen the top clamp but I don't know how to loosen the bottom clamp. Everything is plastic and I am afraid of breaking something.
Any help would be appreciated

Are you removing the roof rails or the cross bars? Here's the factory cross bar instructions for the 2013 which are the same thru 2017 I believe, roof rails are a bit more involved.

http://toyotaparts.sparkstoyota.com/install/PT278-42130inst.pdf

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I am removing the crossbars. The instruction only show pictures and it looks like the lower clamp needs to rotate to free up the crossbar from the rail. I am reluctant to swivel this piece as it is tight. Does the top unscrew to loosen the clamp??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts