Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
401 - 420 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 · (Edited)
I ordered XSE base in South California. I got a VIN number JTMEB3FVXMD0675XX. And the dealer said the status was "A".
Sorry that I can not find a way to use API to get more information.
I did manage to get information from Toyota website by using the VIN.

Dealer said it should be arrived in 21 days. Do you think it makes sense? Any advises are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
If the dealer info is correct see post #395 above. Rigel Leader is your boat. Dealer may be thinking transporter is only a few days from port to dealer.
(Correction Rigel Leader is headed for the PC Balboa. Your car is probably on Century HighwayGreen ETA LB 11/5. Dealer must have meant arrive at dealer in 21 days, or ready for pickup by you)

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
Update 10/27. No loading THS. Joining New Century2 and Texas Highway is Viking Adventure??? at anchor THS. Sakura Leader done at LB off to Benica ETA 10/28. Chesapeake Highway unloading at PONY. Equuleus Leader to arrive at PC Balboa 10/29.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE, former Prime SE [sold]
196 Posts
Nice!

Go here, paste the text from the web page, then click Format.
While we're talking about tools to make this easier.. Use website change detection (there are many). For example Fluxguard. Sign up for a free account paste the VIN specific link in, and it will automatically crawl that page every day and send you an alert when something changes (like dealerCategory).

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never gotten the API to work for me. Anyone also getting this error msg.

This api.rti.toyota.com page can’t be found
No webpage was found for the web address:
HTTP ERROR 404
I am guessing here: this is API service that require user name and password. We may need to register in Toyota API service.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE, former Prime SE [sold]
196 Posts
I am guessing here: this is API service that require user name and password. We may need to register in Toyota API service.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
The API is open. No authentication needed. 404 error is web page speak for page not found. That particular VIN is not in "Marketplace" Inventory for whatever this API is intended to be used for.

BTW, the &fbclid=etc.... is a Facebook parameter that they append on the end of links published on FB (which is where I think this link came from). The URL will run with just the VIN and ?isVspec=true and nothing else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. It works for me now. I need to specify the whole VIN:
and got the information i want:
"dealerCategory": "F",

"eta": {
"currFromDate": "2021-11-05",
"currToDate": "2021-11-10"
},

The API is open. No authentication needed. 404 error is web page speak for page not found. That particular VIN is not in "Marketplace" Inventory for whatever this API is intended to be used for.

BTW, the &fbclid=etc.... is a Facebook parameter that they append on the end of links published on FB (which is where I think this link came from). The URL will run with just the VIN and ?isVspec=true and nothing else.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Update 10/28. Viking Adventure slips into loading at THS(will be interested where this ship sails). New Century2 and Texas Highway still at anchor THS. Sakura Leader in SPB ready to port at Benicia. Chesapeake Highway done at PONY, headed to San Juan ETA 10/31. Equuleus Leader at PC tomorrow. Cetus Leader expected at Vancouver 11/1.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Update 10/29. No loading THS. Viking Adventure off to PC Balboa ETA 11/16. Sakura Leader done at Benicia, headed back to THS. Equuleus Leader leaving Pedro Miguel locks in PC enroute to Cristobal, and on to JAX ETA 11/3.
It's been fun watching my Rav4P drive through the Panama Canal. I think it's on the Equuleus Leader.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Supersonic Red
42 Posts
My R4p pp was delivered to the dealership in Clifton Park NY yesterday 29 Oct. Now getting a carrier there to pick it up for delivery to me. My trucking broker is telling me because of bad weather in that area there aren’t many trucks available now☹ View attachment 173385
View attachment 173384
Looks awesome. I live in Clifton Park and have the same Red XSE due in to the dealership in a few weeks. Not sure why they are popping off on the weather, it's normal for this time of year. Where are you located?

·
Registered
136 Posts
My R4p pp was delivered to the dealership in Clifton Park NY yesterday 29 Oct. Now getting a carrier there to pick it up for delivery to me. My trucking broker is telling me because of bad weather in that area there aren’t many trucks available now☹
Good luck. Earlier this summer it took me close to two months to find a truck to ship a car from CA to NY. (It was a gift for my daughter from her grandmother.) Trucks are in very high demand and the shipping prices are ridiculous. I went through three different brokers before finding one who could actually get the car on a truck.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
Update 10/31. No loading THS. New Century2 and Texas Highway joined by London Highway at anchor THS. Cetus Leader off Vancouver Island ready for port 11/1. Chesapeake Highway near San Juan ready for port.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks awesome. I live in Clifton Park and have the same Red XSE due in to the dealership in a few weeks. Not sure why they are popping off on the weather, it's normal for this time of year. Where are you located?
I live in ND, my carrier broker is telling me not many carrier trucks in that area at all. As I understand it started with a strong storm a week ago or so. I think the worst of that storm was south of you. Also, now there is a shortage of trucks nationwide.
I had a great experience with Guenther at Toyota of Clifton Park. MSRP and ordered it exactly the way I wanted it. They are a great dealership with low fee's and handled my out of state transaction with ease.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Supersonic Red
42 Posts
I live in ND, my carrier broker is telling me not many carrier trucks in that area at all. As I understand it started with a strong storm a week ago or so. I think the worst of that storm was south of you. Also, now there is a shortage of trucks nationwide.
I had a great experience with Guenther at Toyota of Clifton Park. MSRP and ordered it exactly the way I wanted it. They are a great dealership with low fee's and handled my out of state transaction with ease.
Could always fly in to Albany and drive the 15 minutes to New Country in Clifton Park as a last resort.
I agree that the folks at the dealership are great to work with. I worked the local dealers for a couple of days and Cole from New Country called me as soon as they had some showing up for allocation. Paid MSRP and a better than fair trade in allowance on 2008 4Runner. Due in to PONY 11/6 and hopefully before Thanksgiving.

401 - 420 of 611 Posts