Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
541 - 560 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update - wife was not a fan of the color in person when we went to take delivery this weekend. It was a really hard call but we decided to pass. They were able to find another allocation in her preferred color arriving at port on 12/12. She said she wants to drive the R4P when it arrives and I can take her current car. :ROFLMAO:

@Primestraw - do you think it will be on the Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4? Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 · (Edited)
Update - wife was not a fan of the color in person when we went to take delivery this weekend. It was a really hard call but we decided to pass. They were able to find another allocation in her preferred color arriving at port on 12/12. She said she wants to drive the R4P when it arrives and I can take her current car. :ROFLMAO:

@Primestraw - do you think it will be on the Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4? Thank you.
Correct, Pyxis Leader at JAX 12/9 and PONY 12/12. Ask the dealer to expedite/prioritize the transporter to make sure you get it by 12/31. Squeeky wheel theory. Mine did just that.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Supersonic Red
40 Posts

What color was it that you passed on?

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #548 ·
For those of you, who like me have a Rav4 on the New Century 2, it is passing through the Miraflores Panama Canal locks. It is en route to Jacksonville with a scheduled arrival of 11/27. After that, it will be off to Newark with an arrival ETA of 11/30. View attachment 174227
It almost looks like the rear ramp is opening, or never closed completely??? Hope it doesn't get stuck in the locks.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Update 11/23. Cetus Leader off to Vancouver ETA 12/9.Andromeda Leader loading THS. Sakura Leader at anchor THS. Libra Leader still at Portland today. Rigel Leader unloading PONY, London Highway unloading LB. New Century2 approaching PC Gatun locks now. New Century 1 ETA LB 11/24. Indiana Highway Vancouver ETA 11/29. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry if it's a newb question: But does anyone know when the "dealerCategory" switches from "A" to "F" and "G" ?

My XSE PP with VIN ending in 690XX is supposed to hit Port tomorrow, 11/24. Dealer is located in update NY, near Buffalo. I chatted with salesperson last week and he said it's on track for Port and delivery of 12/7 - 12/10.

Here's a link to the v-spec page. I live in WA state and need to have the vehicle shipped. Was really hoping to have this by EOY. Or at the very least, sign the paperwork so I can claim the tax credit for 2021.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #554 · (Edited)
Sorry if it's a newb question: But does anyone know when the "dealerCategory" switches from "A" to "F" and "G" ?

My XSE PP with VIN ending in 690XX is supposed to hit Port tomorrow, 11/24. Dealer is located in update NY, near Buffalo. I chatted with salesperson last week and he said it's on track for Port and delivery of 12/7 - 12/10.

Here's a link to the v-spec page. I live in WA state and need to have the vehicle shipped. Was really hoping to have this by EOY. Or at the very least, sign the paperwork so I can claim the tax credit for 2021.
Check the other thread on dealer category, but F to G is when it is assigned a transporter to the dealer. Your car is on the Rigel Leader that is at PONY now, unloading. Dealer estimated delivery is from port to dealer. You should be able to finalize the transaction easily before 12/31. If I were you, since it's going to be on a transporter for ~2500 miles, ask the dealer to leave on the protective film to help prevent surface damage, and if WA does not have a front license plate, tell them to NOT install front tag bracket. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check the other thread on dealer category, but F to G is when it is assigned a transporter to the dealer. Your car is on the Rigel Leader that is at PONY now, unloading. Dealer estimated delivery is from port to dealer. You should be able to finalize the transaction easily before 12/31. If I were you, since it's going to be on a transporter for ~2500 miles, ask the dealer to leave on the protective film to help prevent surface damage, and if WA does not have a front license plate, tell them to NOT install front tag bracket. Good luck.
Thank you @Primestraw ! And great tips on leaving the protective film on. I'll make sure have him do that. I was also going to try and have him help me set up the Toyota Connect App/Pin so I can locate the vehicle and also try and have them put a full tank of gas and full charge. Not sure if they'll do that, but it doesn't hurt to ask. WA state does require a front tag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey cohort members, first time poster here... this thread has been super informative. Stoked that this community exists, you guys are awesome.

My XSE blizzard pearl [JTMEB3FV1MD067807] went to Freight on the 19th... @Primestraw are you able to wave that magic wand to figure out which roro she's on? Would love to track the journey and see if I can take delivery here in Maine before 12/31!

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 ·
Hey cohort members, first time poster here... this thread has been super informative. Stoked that this community exists, you guys are awesome.

My XSE blizzard pearl [JTMEB3FV1MD067807] went to Freight on the 19th... @Primestraw are you able to wave that magic wand to figure out which roro she's on? Would love to track the journey and see if I can take delivery here in Maine before 12/31!
Most likely Seven Seas Highway or Andromeda Leader. Ask your dealer to check Dealer Daily and determine ATD from THS. Then we can nail it down.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Supersonic Red
40 Posts
Do not want to offend anyone as everyone's preferences are different. It was blueprint and it was a lot darker than what we expected. Each to their own :)
I actually kind of like it, but there seems to be very few of them out there though. At the end of the day might as well get what you like, they are certainly not cheap.

541 - 560 of 604 Posts