Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
561 - 580 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
Update 11/24. Andromeda Leader off to PC Balboa ETA 12/14. Sakura Leader loading THS. Libra Leader headed back to THS. Rigel Leader done at PONY, going to San Juan ETA 11/28. London Highway done at LB headed to Benicia ETA 11/25. New Century2 on to JAX ETA 11/27. New Century 1 ETA LB now delayed till 11/26. Indiana Highway Vancouver ETA 11/29. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2. Cetus Leader off to Vancouver ETA 12/9

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
Happy Thanksgiving! Update 11/25. Sakura Leader and Aegean Highway loading THS. Rigel Leader to San Juan ETA 11/28. London Highway off Half Moon Bay to Benicia ETA today. New Century2 to JAX ETA 11/27. New Century 1 ETA LB delayed till 11/26. Indiana Highway Vancouver ETA 11/29. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2. Cetus Leader to Vancouver ETA 12/9 Andromeda Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/14.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
Update 11/26. Sakura Leader and Chesapeake Highway loading THS. Aegean Highway to Yokohama and will drop off this list. Rigel Leader to San Juan ETA 11/28. London Highway at Benicia unloading. New Century2 to JAX ETA 11/27. New Century 1 ETA LB delayed till 11/26 late. Indiana Highway Vancouver ETA 11/29. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2. Cetus Leader to Vancouver ETA 12/9 Andromeda Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/14.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
Update 11/27.Sakura Leader still loading. Chesapeake Highway off to PC Balboa ETA 12/17. Rigel Leader to San Juan ETA 11/28. London Highway done at Benicia. New Century2 off Palm Coast to JAX ETA 11/27. New Century 1 ETA LB now delayed till 11/27 late. Indiana Highway Vancouver ETA 11/29. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2. Cetus Leader to Vancouver ETA 12/9 Andromeda Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/14.
JAX info:
Vessel Name: New Century 2
Off Load Date: 11/28/2021 At Sea Buoy: 11/27/2021 - 17:00 Line Handlers: 11/27/2021 - 19:00 At Dock: 11/27/2021 - 20:00 Off Load Time: 11/28/2021 - 08:00 Ship Departure: 11/28/2021 - 17:00 Ship Will Use 2 Ramps Forward And Aft

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update 11/27.Sakura Leader still loading. Chesapeake Highway off to PC Balboa ETA 12/17. Rigel Leader to San Juan ETA 11/28. London Highway done at Benicia. New Century2 off Palm Coast to JAX ETA 11/27. New Century 1 ETA LB now delayed till 11/27 late. Indiana Highway Vancouver ETA 11/29. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2. Cetus Leader to Vancouver ETA 12/9 Andromeda Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/14.
JAX info:
Vessel Name: New Century 2
Off Load Date: 11/28/2021 At Sea Buoy: 11/27/2021 - 17:00 Line Handlers: 11/27/2021 - 19:00 At Dock: 11/27/2021 - 20:00 Off Load Time: 11/28/2021 - 08:00 Ship Departure: 11/28/2021 - 17:00 Ship Will Use 2 Ramps Forward And Aft
Thank you, Primestraw for the extra info on New Century 2!! Getting closer to PONY and delivery!!

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
My dealer says my prime is in route to port of Portland 11/29-12/1. Any updates there?
If your dealer info is correct, then Indiana Highway is the ship your car is on. Then intermodal to Kansas near your dealer, then via transporter. Let us know the freight process when confirmed for other midwest buyers.

·
Registered
'21 Rav4 Prime SE Silver Sky Metallic, Moonroof/Weather pkg
21 Posts
The email from my dealer Emporia, KS: "It comes in from Japan to Portland, then heads to Washington where it gets on a train to Kansas City then get trucked to our lot!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Primestraw thanks for this awesome thread! Couple questions for you:
-What's the last ship predicted to arrive in NY/NJ in 2021?
-dealership in Syracuse NY says my prime is scheduled to arrive in NJ around Christmas... would this be on Sakura leader?
-finally, any chance it could be in my grubby hands in 2021? I think I know the answer :(

Thanks!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wondering if anyone has run into an issue with buying out of state where once you travel all the way to the dealership they try to add fees markups etc? Also anyone ran into an issue with dealer selling your vehicle to higher bidder and telling you they still haven’t received it yet? I ask all this because considering how these dealerships are being deceptive and have no moral values at this point wanted to see if someone has run into this issue.
I have a prime se reserved upstate NY (7-8 hours drive from where i am). The dealer gave me a vin number took the credit card hasnt charged the $500 reservation fee yet was told they do that once the vehicle hits the port(its on the new century 2) and they told me its MSRP.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
-dealership in Syracuse NY says my prime is scheduled to arrive in NJ around Christmas... would this be on Sakura leader?
-finally, any chance it could be in my grubby hands in 2021? I think I know the answer :(

Thanks!

Last 5 ships to PONY in 2021 are:
Georgia Highway 12/9
Pyxis Leader 12/12
Seven Seas Highway 12/18
Andromeda Leader 12/23
Chesapeake Highway 12/29.

I would ask the dealer if they could expedite the transporter. That's probably your only chance to see it in 2021. Good news is 12/30 and 31 are a Thursday and Friday. Car dealerships want every opportunity to sell at month end.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
Wondering if anyone has run into an issue with buying out of state where once you travel all the way to the dealership they try to add fees markups etc? Also anyone ran into an issue with dealer selling your vehicle to higher bidder and telling you they still haven’t received it yet? I ask all this because considering how these dealerships are being deceptive and have no moral values at this point wanted to see if someone has run into this issue.
I have a prime se reserved upstate NY (7-8 hours drive from where i am). The dealer gave me a vin number took the credit card hasnt charged the $500 reservation fee yet was told they do that once the vehicle hits the port(its on the new century 2) and they told me its MSRP.
Do you have a buyers' contract indicating a specific vehicle? It would include the permanent VIN, color, options and port installed accessories, along with a total price which would include tags, tax and dealer fee. I did and everything went smoothly. The dealer did not charge my credit card until I arrived at the store for delivery.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #574 ·
Update 11/28. Sakura Leader disappeared after loading THS. Century HighwayGreen loading at THS destined for LB. Rigel Leader pulling into San Juan ETA today. New Century2 unloadng at JAX ETA PONY late 11/30. New Century 1 unloading at LB . Indiana Highway Vancouver ETA 11/29 then on to Portland. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2. Cetus Leader to Vancouver ETA 12/9 Andromeda Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/14. Chesapeake Highway off to PC Balboa ETA 12/17.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Supersonic Red
40 Posts

Thanks!

Did the dealer give you an ETA on when they expected your vehicle to arrive at PONY? That would help narrow down your likely vessel
There were 4 or 5 of us that had Primes arriving to PONY 11/6 on the Equuleus Leader. I am fairly certain they were all transported to dealers by 11/19. My Prime was delivered to Saratoga Springs, NY so 3 hours from port.
If it physically arrives to your dealership late in the month, you might be able to complete paperwork, registration etc even before the delivery preps the car before you drive home. This might help you calim the tax credits if your Prime shows up on 12/30 or 12/31.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info and advice. Dealer said it's expected to arrive in NJ around xmas, probably not arrive in Syracuse till early January, which sounds similar to your time line.

I'd really like to get the 2021 tax refund but it seems if build back better passes after I buy the car, the $7500 would be grandfathered in. But that's a discussion for another thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, folks

Here is part of an email I received this morning for my R4P (JTMAB3FV6MD070250).

The dates match Georgia Highway's schedule.

Hopefully others out there with sequential or subsequent VIN's can benefit from the build date info and/or delivery status

"What I do have for information is the following:

-The vehicle was built on 11/1/21
-The vehicle was loaded onto a boat on 11/10/21
-The anticipated arrival date to the port is expected to be 12/09/21

There is no estimated arrival time for the dealership, as supplier issues have been fairly common in recent times, but I will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get it all in writing (i.e. email the dealer tomorrow and ask your sales associate to confirm that the reservation associated with the specific VIN is yours, the terms of the deposit, etc.), and look up the deceptive business practices laws for NY. If they try any funny business you should be ready with paper records of your email correspondence as well as knowledge of what your legal rights are and what penalties or civil liability the dealer faces under various scenarios.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
Update 11/29. Century HighwayGreen loading at THS destined for LB. Rigel Leader done San Juan headed back to THS. New Century2 done at JAX ETA PONY late 11/30. New Century 1 done at LB ETA Benicia 11/30. Indiana Highway done at Vancouver ETA Portland 11/30. Pyxis Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/4. Seven Seas Highway to PC Balboa ETA 12/8. Sunbelt Spirit to LB ETA 12/2. Cetus Leader to Vancouver ETA 12/9 Andromeda Leader PC Balboa ETA 12/14. Chesapeake Highway off to PC Balboa ETA 12/17.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today, the 'eta' tags for my car disappeared when polling the API, and when I called the dealer, they said they no longer had an ETA for the car, but hoped it would still be this week. The original 'eta' was 12/01-12/06, now the ETA is unknown (tag is empty). I re-scraped the API, and compared the ETA's from last week to today. The chart below shows the # of cars that no longer have an ETA associated with them, in each state.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Circle

It appears like there may be something happening in the east coast port. I then did a check to see if there's any difference in the ETAs for cars that still report an ETA. The chart below shows the # of days that the ETA has changed, on average, over the last week. It looks like we're starting to see delays in the following states (full chart attached below). Deliveries to PA are now 2-2.5 days later than originally expected. NJ is also 2.30-2.38 additional days estimated delivery. I'll try and keep an eye on it, since there's so many cars that no longer have ETAs anymore, especially in NY.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Circle

Attachments

561 - 580 of 603 Posts