Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm learning to do a lot of maintenance but I certainly still don't know a lot. My 2005 rav4 is idling rough at stops and has varying high low rpms at a stand still and at the aforementioned stops.I just replaced the front driver's side speed sensor and pcv. It also runs more rough with the ac on. Any ideas where to start?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I replaced the sensor and reset the codes. Two days good then same codes for same thing. I am thinking maybe I didn't clean the gap enough when I put the new sensor in. How do you guys clean in there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
- 2003 automatic 4wd - got myself the same problem I think. BEFORE the Low Rpms, I changed my all 4 spark plugs with Bosch Iridium 4501. And checked the ignition coil(with the engine running, and sticking 1 by 1 out). I plugged everything back, and after a bit the rpm goes around 500, and barely moving. Before The car ran perfect with about 800 rpm. When I press throttle I think I hear hissle noise - I searched into it and might be a vacuum leak .. Any thoughts ? Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you may be hearing a whistle or hissing noise, you've either got a snake in the engine compartment or a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak will cause all kinds of issues with idling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts