Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that auto-lock feature in my Rav4 is not working anymore after i installed RS3200 Plus security system..
Dealer installed RS3200 security system, i havent noticed until today.
It's weird why RS3200 is interrupting the auto-lock feature..

If you have RS3200 plus security system in RAV4, would auto-lock work in your Rav4?

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
The auto-lock feature can be turned on by the dealer, the settings are 30 second delay and 60 second delay after unlocking. That's covered in the customize parameters. How it's turned on, I don't know, maybe there's a 3rd option of off that's not shown, or maybe it applies to the RS3200 system, but doesn't mention it.

http://rav4world.com/tsb/2006/customize_parameters.pdf

The RS3200 system can be user programmed to passive (auto-arm) which locks the doors, it's covered on page 13 of the RS3200 owner's guide.

PASSIVE (AUTOMATIC) ARMING & DISARMING
When the RS3200 PLUS is programmed to PASSIVELY ARM, the system will ARM after the ignition key
is removed and all doors are closed; you do not need to lock the doors. When you come back to
your vehicle and open a door, you must insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to “ON” during
the ENTRY DELAY (0, 15 or 30 seconds), or an ALARM will be TRIGGERED. If you lock the doors,
regular ARMING will override PASSIVE ARMING; there will be no ENTRY DELAY. See the PROGRAMMING
information on page 12 to activate the PASSIVE ARMING mode, as well as to select the ENTRY

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
amy said:
I noticed that auto-lock feature in my RAV4 is not working anymore after i installed RS3200 Plus security system..
Amy..are you taking about the "doors lock at speed" feature other cars have or are you talking about what others have posted, "auto relock" after so many seconds :?:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean, when we start the engine the door locks should be enabled as other cars does(Eg Jeep Laredo), also when we stop the engine the door lock should be released..

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
amy said:
I mean, when we start the engine the door locks should be enabled as other cars does(Eg Jeep Laredo), also when we stop the engine the door lock should be released..
That's what I thought.

Unless I am missing something in the material I have read on the RAV4, this feature is not available...bummer

I have also owned a Grand Cherokee in the past and miss some if its features (headlights on when you turn the windshield wipers on, doors lock a speed, etc).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts