• moderate or low road noise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 model, 2wd - I know this is subjective, but to me it's very noisy on the road and has been since I got it a year ago. (80k miles now). There's a constant rumble with a beat ...like rumble bump bump bump, changes with speed, doesn't go away when I put it in neutral ( it's automatic), can't really tell if it's more to front or back, doesn't change when turning (normal test for wheel bearing noise). I put new tires on it, but noise was the same before even with worn tires, and I'm using fairly nonaggressive tread. Anyone else think theirs is noisy, or have any suggestions for a possible problem?
Thanks for any reply - anxiously awaiting

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Small SUVs like the RAV4 are not consided quiet as compared to a car but I think the bump, bump, bump definately is a problem.

I'm wondering if you have a bent rim.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alien18 said:
my mom's 2002 nissan quest had the same problem but it was fixed by realligning the whells.
Yes, scrubbing rubber can make quite a loud noise.

Brian

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just changed all 4 tyres on my 2003 5 door after having a similar bump bump bump for quite a long time. It was also squealing a lot more even at relatively low speed cornerering despite the pressures being correct. The tyres were the Toyo Transpath supplied with the car when new. Not bad for tyres to last 50000 miles and the tread was only just under the limit. The mechanic noticed when removing the tyres one of the fronts was wearing a bit more on the inside of the tread, so they re-aligned all 4 wheels. With 4 new Toyo Transpaths installed it now feels like a new car again. No rumbles or squeals and definitely a lot quieter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts