Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 2017 Rav4 Hybrid SE, I'm looking to keep her around for awhile and would like to dress her up a bit. I'm considering getting Running Boards, possibly after markets, so looking for some advice to what would look decent. Should I go black or polished chrome and if I go chrome, should I get the Body Side Moldings in silver as well to match or best to keep them matching the color of my Rav?

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I always say Black. Not a big fan of chrome. Every pc. of chrome I find I try to make Black.
Hardest part is the front emblem.
Have never seen running boards on the newer Ravs

Reactions: edfong

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not a big fan of body side molding or running boards but would definitely do color matched side molding and black running boards especially on the SE models.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before we bought our 2017 Rav4 we tryed two different demo-cars, runningboard felt useless and was almost an obstruction getting in/out.
I'll advice annyone to try a Rav4 with runningboards before using money on it, some will like it.
On my previous Landcruser 120 that had more height they did a job

·
Registered
449 Posts
Before we bought our 2017 Rav4 we tryed two different demo-cars, runningboard felt useless and was almost an obstruction getting in/out.
I'll advice annyone to try a Rav4 with runningboards before using money on it, some will like it.
On my previous Landcruser 120 that had more height they did a job
Good advise. Had a full sized GM travel van before with running boards. Works for the kids but I ends up with muddy pant legs.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Good advise. Had a full sized GM travel van before with running boards. Works for the kids but I ends up with muddy pant legs.
+another one, I had side bars on 'Durango, hated em for that very reason, they looked nice, but didn't really serve any real purpose, pretty much the same for bull bars.

·
Registered
160 Posts
+1 my 16 XLE came with running boards already installed, good for little kids other than that I don't see a good use for it on the contrary always have to stretch my leg when getting out of the car, it just ad another part to clean on the vehicle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Agreed, running boards are useless on RAV4.. even dangerous because they don`t stick out far enough and on the rainy or snowy/icy day may cause more harm then good. The only vehicle i ever had where running boards did serve its purpose was 4th gen 4Runner :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
IMO running boards are useless on RAV4, there not required because the rav4 sits low enough to the ground. I actually feel they subtract from the bling factor.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
Running boards on a RAV serve two purposes.......to get your trouser legs filthy and to add a little bling. Neither is worth the price of admission.

Side moldings that match the car color serve a purpose and will fend off many a car door ding. Any other color would be incredibly tacky in my opinion.

Reactions: pico
1 - 14 of 14 Posts