Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Running boards

1523 19
Hello!
i have a blizzard pearl hybrid xse. I wanted to get the all black running boards but sparks Toyota does not have an ETA on them. I have questions about the running boards sold at most of the other dealerships. The one that is black with silver accents on top (P/N PZQ4442121) does anyone have photos of their blizzard pearl with the boards on? Also, would there be any easy way to get rid of the silver accents that wouldn’t look ghetto? Or are the stainless steel insets even really noticeable? I don’t know if they will pull right out or possibly Plastidip them. I am trying to keep my car white and black. Also, the biggest reason I am getting running boards is to reach the middle of the roof when washing the car. Do these work pretty well for that purpose or are they too close to the car negating good foot placement? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!

Or does anyone own the black horse version and are happy with those?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,982 Posts
Hello!
i have a blizzard pearl hybrid xse. I wanted to get the all black running boards but sparks Toyota does not have an ETA on them. I have questions about the running boards sold at most of the other dealerships. The one that is black with silver accents on top (P/N PZQ4442121) does anyone have photos of their blizzard pearl with the boards on? Also, would there be any easy way to get rid of the silver accents that wouldn’t look ghetto? Or are the stainless steel insets even really noticeable? I don’t know if they will pull right out or possibly Plastidip them. I am trying to keep my car white and black. Also, the biggest reason I am getting running boards is to reach the middle of the roof when washing the car. Do these work pretty well for that purpose or are they too close to the car negating good foot placement? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!

South East Toyota (SET) dealers have a different style running board than the rest of the country. The PZQ ones are national. Since Sparks is a SET dealer, I assume you are referring to the SET running boards, not the national ones. Any SET dealer can get the SET running boards and ship them to you. Black Running Board - Details

· Registered
580 Posts
Hello!

The running boards for the Rav4 have always been more form than function. I guess it helps small children get in the back seat when the door is open. For your purpose, washing the roof, I doubt they will be that helpful since the door will be shut leaving you with barely any surface area to stand on.

One other thing that many people don't consider is the added road noise when adding exterior accessories. I noticed a good amount of added road noise after adding mudguards which I have since removed. I would imagine adding the running boards will add some wind noise at highway speeds as any exterior accessory that sticks out from the body of the vehicle will create some drag. As we all know, the Rav4 does not have the best sound insulation.

· Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,982 Posts
FKHeath, yes, would like to get the SET versions. Do you happen to know if all of the dealerships in the 5 states on the website are considered SET dealers?
By the way, the national boards require you to trim the rocker panels or buy pre cut panels (see the PDF instructions) at additional cost. The SET boards do not, so they are easier to install.

· Registered
90 Posts
By the way, the national boards require you to trim the rocker panels or buy pre cut panels (see the PDF instructions) at additional cost. The SET boards do not, so they are easier to install.
I'm interested in the SET running boards, but Sparks is charging $406 to ship them to Nevada. Know any other dealer with an online store that can ship these for less?

· Registered
9 Posts
I recently purchased and installed a set from El Cajon Toyota down in San Diego. Black with 2 silver strips on the top. They came with heavy brackets that bolt underneath. I can see expensive shipping. Guy at the parts counter was savy enough to order me the replacement rocker panels.

The boards are very small, and when the doors are closed almost impossible to stand on them. They do work very well for small children!

· Registered
90 Posts
I'm trying to decide whether the national model (black with silver strips) would look better on a white RAV4 vs. the South-East Toyota version which looks mostly silver. I think the South-East Toyota version though follows the silver trim near the bottom of the front bumper, better.

· Registered
170 Posts
The SET running boards are available in black.

· Registered
90 Posts
The SET running boards are available in black.

I think I've settled on the silver ones to match the flow of the silver trim at the bottom of the front bumper. Even still, do you have the part number for the black SET running boards?

· Registered
90 Posts
I ordered the brushed aluminum / silver SET boards. Sparks's black Friday deal is free shipping. That saved shipping cost will now go towards install of the boards at my local dealer.
Sparks cancelled my order!

"
We were not able to proceed with your order at this price. There was a drastic change in price that we can not match. If you would like to replace your order, that would be fine. Other than that, we have cancelled and refunded this order. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Sparks Parts Team
4855 Highway 501
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts