Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a question about my 2011 rav4 and the running lights. I have to replace a high beam light bulb that I have not done yet. The running lights do not work as of right now. I am wondering if they do not work because of the light being burned out or is it something else? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
By running lights I assume you mean both the rear taillights and the front "parking" lights. How about the background illumination of the dashboard controls like the HVAC controls, emergency flasher switch, 4WD lock button,etc, etc. Do these items light up properly?.

Based on the information you have provided, and my assumptions, I suspect the 10A TAIL fuse may be blown. It is located in the bottom right of this image.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. What I mean by running lights is the headlights would stay on when the car is running but it seemed they were dimmerthan regular headlights. I will check the rest of the lights today. Thanks again.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Thank you for the reply. What I mean by running lights is the headlights would stay on when the car is running but it seemed they were dimmerthan regular headlights. I will check the rest of the lights today. Thanks again.
What you are referring to is called the Daytime Running Lights or DRL. They use your high beams but they are wired in series so each bulb only gets 6 volts instead of 12. That's why they are dimmer, and why when one burns out, they both go out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts