Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will apologize first because I cannot figure out how to delete my other post in the accessories sub.

I originally planned on just using a Line Out converter for my woofers but considering I still won't have auxiliary or USB I'm planning on installing my aftermarket unit. My question is are the stock speakers safe to run off my unit because I am not wanting to rip the car apart to install new door speakers. Not out of laziness but as I don't plan on keeping the car much more than a year and am just trying to simplify adding my subs in.

I have a Dual Unit I belive running 200 or 240 watts.
Also going to be running a 3000 watt fusion power plant amplifier to 2 1500 watt Memphis subs.

I plan on lowering the bass on the unit to avoid distortion and just increasing the gain and other settings on the amp to balance out the levels.

Any foreseeable issues here?
Anything I should avoid or be very careful with. Would the line out converter just be a better option in the sake of the speakers health?

Thanks to anyone with any type of input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got a Clarion aftermarket head in mine thats running the stock speakers - definitely don't go too high with the volume and don't play too much with the equalizer. I do get a bit of scratching depending on the song I'm playing, but for the most part its ok. The stock speakers work, but they're not meant to handle the output that most high end aftermarket heads put out.

If you're going to have the 4.2 for only a year, I'd say just put in a simple DIN head that has usb and bluetooth and be done with it - don't bother with subs and amps until you have a vehicle you're going to own for more than a year. The amount of work needed to do just a single DIN head is easy enough for the amount of time you're owning the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts