Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 96 rav4. With rust damage. Can anyone help me determine what will need replacing? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Just pass as the rust have eaten the frame. It is a safety issue and alignment is impossible also. Not worth the grief so avoid like the plague. Rust cancer is not curable.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
That looks bad, as a matter of fact, that's worst I've seen. The reason why it's THAT bad. The A/C hose drops water exactly above. When you use the A/C, when you stop. You'll see a puddle of water in that same area. Follow it, and you'll see the hose. I've changed that bushing twice. This time, I'm going with Polyurethane bushings.

truth, I'll bet you've always use water in your radiator.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The is a manual, 180k, very little body rust. I could pick it up for $500, do you think you could weld plates to reinforce the broken mount?

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is basically a parts car. Unless you are a body man or fabricator, this really isn't worth restoring.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
The is a manual, 180k, very little body rust. I could pick it up for $500, do you think you could weld plates to reinforce the broken mount?

You should look for a downer and cut this part out if you are willing to do this job. That area has suspension parts attached to it. It has to be done very accurately. This is not a job for rookies. Also, having the right tools for the job. If you have a body and fender shop, by all means, your all set.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep.. that is a parts car !
I wouldn't put my kids in that car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts