Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

rust forming left side

2501 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  winterlands
OO forgot to put the leftside on too of the hinge. Here is that picture.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
I just checked my 2013 LE, no rust, but I am sure that there might be some that has not migrated into visibility yet..I live in the NE, on Long Island, NY where they use salt in the winters.
If I had found rust like yours, I would remove the screws and try to lift up the hinge just enough to pass a paper towel sheet between the hinge and the body and see if any rust came off onto the paper towel. If so, I would spray some PB Blaster Corrosion Stop onto the towel and keep passing it between the space until the towel comes out clean and rust-free. Now, spray the PB Blaster Corrosion Stop into the area between the hinge and the bodyand wipe off excess. The PB Blaster Corrosion Stop will protect the metal and leave a protective film on the applied surfaces.

· Registered
555 Posts
Hi Manhog,
Personally, my time is far too valuable to (insert nickname for Richard here) around with the dealer and their BS. 5 minutes spent with the Corrosion Stop beats out spending 5 hours at the dealer.
I would probably send an email with pictures attached to the dealer and cc: Toyota corporate and others, so that there is a record of this issue ocurring.
But that is just me. You might have other ideas on how to pursue this issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.