Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this S2000 antenna this afternoon for my RAV4. i did'nt like the way the stock antenna was lashing back and forth when driving.

Reception is still good.





 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can you get this antenna & does it just screw on the same way as the factory antenna?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
there are a few online honda parts dealers similar to our toyota ones. i got one a while ago for about 21 bucks shipped. sorry i dont remember the site tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
RAV4VVT-I said:
.... Reception is still good.
Just wondering when you say "still" good, does that mean it gets exactly the same, slightly better or slighlty worse reception.....

Yeah, the OEM antenna is kinda annoying when you're cleaning the windshield....
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phourwheel said:
RAV4VVT-I said:
.... Reception is still good.
Just wondering when you say "still" good, does that mean it gets exactly the same, slightly better or slighlty worse reception.....

Yeah, the OEM antenna is kinda annoying when you're cleaning the windshield....
It get's the same exact reception as with the OEM antenna, but gives the RAV4 a better looking style.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Derek said:
Looks great. :thumbs_up: Too bad the base of the antenna does not match up evenly with the base of the antenna mount. I remember other 4.2 owners doing the exact same thing a few years ago. 8)
I was looking at that too....I'm looking to find a larger chrome base ring or just cutting of some of the larger rubber base antenna off but kind of reluctant to do that. i'll find a solution for that soon.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had done with this my 2001 Celica, and was pissed after I traded it in and forgot to replace the S2K antenna with the original stock one. Especially after I got home with my new Rav, and compared its stock with that of my original Celica and realized that they were identical!!

Doh. Looks good though, to bad to hear about it not fitting perfectly, but still looks good.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks....It'll grow on me. It's alot better then the stocky OEM one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
how did u manage to get it to screw on. the shaft on the oem is soo long and the threads only engage close to the bottom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
RAV4VVT-I said:
Derek said:
Looks great. :thumbs_up: Too bad the base of the antenna does not match up evenly with the base of the antenna mount. I remember other 4.2 owners doing the exact same thing a few years ago. 8)
I was looking at that too....I'm looking to find a larger chrome base ring or just cutting of some of the larger rubber base antenna off but kind of reluctant to do that. i'll find a solution for that soon.
Right, the OEM base is too small....
I have it on my matrix either and I need to cut out the bottom part of the antenna for the custom fit.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
michael said:
RAV4VVT-I said:
Derek said:
Looks great. :thumbs_up: Too bad the base of the antenna does not match up evenly with the base of the antenna mount. I remember other 4.2 owners doing the exact same thing a few years ago. 8)
I was looking at that too....I'm looking to find a larger chrome base ring or just cutting of some of the larger rubber base antenna off but kind of reluctant to do that. i'll find a solution for that soon.
Right, the OEM base is too small....
I have it on my matrix either and I need to cut out the bottom part of the antenna for the custom fit.
Are you going to cut your antenna so it will sit flush on the OEM base.
post some pic's of it, to see how it came out.

 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello I am sorry to bring up this old thread, but I just recently purchased this antenna and am experiencing the samething garfull said. The antenna sits there but wont catch the thread. Was there ever a solution to this? Input will be appreciated thank you.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top