1 - 20 of 23 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**UPDATE IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST**

ORIGINAL POST:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Well, after 2 months of waiting, I found out that my RAV4 is still nowhere in sight! I ordered it on March 1 and was told 6-8 weeks. Well, the 8 weeks are up and my dealer still hasn't been able to locate what I want in this region. I wish they had told me that 4 weeks ago when I called them because I may have canceled the order right then. Anyway, my dealer says they're now on a mission to find my vehicle, and are taking extra measures that they wouldn't normally take to find it. I'm not sure if that's true but I gave them a few more days to see what they come up with. The hold up is the color in my preferred configuration. I'm told that a V6 4x4 Limited in Blizzard Pearl is far and few in between in our region. I even called 2 other dealerships and they told me the same thing. Basically, they said I was looking for a needle in a haystack. Yet, I saw that this configuration is more common in the North East because Fitzmall had 2 of them coming a couple of days ago. The only thing is, I don't want to have to go all the way to PA to get my RAV. Anyway, I told my dealer that I don't want to wait much longer so if they can't find one for me in the next few days, I'll just wait for the 2007.

Truly a sad day for this ravgal............

***UPDATE 5/4/06***

Okay, so my dealer called me up today and guess what...they found one!!!! :shock: Finally, a Blizzard Pearl V6 4WD Limited!!! B-U-T... Yes, there's a BUT. It has the Taupe interior instead of the Ash I requested. He told me this is the only one the can find and they looked everywhere that they had access to. So, the big question is, how badly do I want the Ash interior? He has it reserved for me, and I told him that I'd go take a look at it when it comes in. If I like it, I'll buy it. If not, it's 2007.

Now, I need help from anyone who has pictures of their Taupe interior. The main area I'd like to see is the dash. The first time I saw the taupe interior, I didn't like the way the taupe looked at the bottom half of the dash with the dark upper half and stainless trim on the stereo. To me, the Ash blended better, but I didn't spend too much time analyzing it. I haven't had time to go through people's albums, so if you have a link, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!!!!

ravgal

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Re: Sad to say...I'm on the verge of giving up on my RAV4

ravgal2006 said:
Anyway, my dealer says they're now on a mission to find my vehicle, and are taking extra measures that they wouldn't normally take to find it.
like get off their butts and start looking :lol: That is a long time with no results, give them a deadline date.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might also try mentioning that you might just decide to check out the 07 CR-V. :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a silver V6 4x4 in Santa Barbara. It is fully loaded with leather. It's been there for quite some time, so you could get a good deal on it.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing you can do right now is to be more flexible on the color. If you're set of blizzard pearl, then waiting for '07 may be a good idea.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone!

Puttputt...
I did continually check few dealer inventories in Southern California the last few weeks and couldn't find anything close to what I wanted. Because I've already waited so long, I'm only willing to travel to neighboring states if they already have the vehicle or if they can get it on the lot in the next few days, a week max. If I wait any longer than that, I'd rather wait until the 2007 comes out.

Serious Black...
like get off their butts and start looking
My thoughts exactly! What they heck were they doing the last 8 weeks? I understand they have a lot of customers and are very busy, but why is it that they're now taking extra measures and not before? You'd think that if they really wanted to find this vehicle for me, they would've taken the extra measures before the 8 weeks were up! This may be just another ploy to string me along but I've told my salesman that if they can't get one in by next week, I'm canceling the order.

ppuder...
You might also try mentioning that you might just decide to check out the 07 CR-V
I didn't think to mention that, but I'll probably drop "07 CR-V" somewhere in our next conversation...that is, unless they can come up with my RAV! :wink:

Raving...
Thanks for the heads up on that Silver 4x4 in Santa Barbara. Actually, one of the dealerships here has a V6 4x4 Limited in Silver but I'm really set on the Blizzard Pearl. I guess my pickiness in color is a big part of the problem.

kc456...
You're right, I can get one if I was more flexible on the color, but I'm really set on the Blizzard Pearl. If I do end up waiting for the 07 model, I hope more V6 4x4 Blizzard Pearls show up in our region!

Well, even if I don't get my RAV this model year, I'm still thrilled with everything that I've learned from all of you and not to mention sharing in all the excitement at least for a little while. So, thanks everyone! And if by some miracle, my dealer does get a hold of my vehicle by next week, I'll let you know, although I'm not very optimistic at this point.

ravgal

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ravgal,

If you don't want to take the vacation like I did (I bought my Rav in Boston), you can still buy the Rav from the dealer in PA and have it shipped to you. You just do the deal by phone, FAX, and FedEx, then have the dealer in PA make the arrangements to ship it to you. I was given that option and quoted approximately $900 as the shipping fee. Since I wanted what I wanted, no substitutions, I thought that was not unreasonable. (The vacation was more fun, so I spent the $900 on that instead, but my point is that it is still doable even if you don't want to make the trip.)

Becky

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Becky J. said:
Ravgal,

If you don't want to take the vacation like I did (I bought my RAV in Boston), you can still buy the RAV from the dealer in PA and have it shipped to you. You just do the deal by phone, FAX, and FedEx, then have the dealer in PA make the arrangements to ship it to you.

Becky
Hi Becky!

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I contacted Fitzmall in PA early on (late Feb) before I ordered through my local dealer and they told me I had to go there to sign the paperwork and then either drive the vehicle back or have it shipped. The guy I talked to at Fitzmall said that they were getting in trouble with PA authorities for not getting the papers signed in the same state or something like that. I didn't want to drive it all the way back to NV, so this meant I had to go there and have the vehicle shipped back. When I added it all up, there basically wouldn't have been any savings at all. Had I known though that it was this hard to find my vehicle preference in this region, I probably would've done it back then.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ravgal,

I'm also looking for a Blizzard Pearl in So. Nevada and they're few and far between. Talked to the Sean and Jerome and Findlay and they said they've only had one... ever (this includes all possible trim levels and option packages. It's frustrating, they never have the one you want and then the ones they have either don't have the options you want or make you pay for options you really don't need. You're next in line for the Blizzard Pearl, but they still don't have one for you.

The other dealerships in LV aren't much better. Fletcher Jones has some V6 4x4's, but nothing in the Limited. Ditto with Desert.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey swapmeet! I talked to Gina at Fletcher Jones yesterday and she said they had a Silver V6 Limited 4WD. Don't know if you'd be interested in Silver but as of yesterday, she told me they had one. The guy I talked to at Desert checked around for the Blizzard Pearl V6 Limited 4WD and he said they've only seen 4 in the entire region!!! I guess one of them was the one that went to Findlay back in late Feb. when I first went there. I actually got to see it in person and it was very nice. Unfortunately, it was one that someone else had ordered. I did see a Limited Blizzard Pearl in Desert's inventory a month ago but it was 2WD and I'm looking for 4WD. Since then I haven't seen anything close. I can't believe the Blizzard Pearl is so rare in this area. You're right, it's very frustrating!

·
Registered
67 Posts
ravgal2006 said:
Becky J. said:
Ravgal,

If you don't want to take the vacation like I did (I bought my RAV in Boston), you can still buy the RAV from the dealer in PA and have it shipped to you. You just do the deal by phone, FAX, and FedEx, then have the dealer in PA make the arrangements to ship it to you.

Becky
Hi Becky!

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I contacted Fitzmall in PA early on (late Feb) before I ordered through my local dealer and they told me I had to go there to sign the paperwork and then either drive the vehicle back or have it shipped. The guy I talked to at Fitzmall said that they were getting in trouble with PA authorities for not getting the papers signed in the same state or something like that. I didn't want to drive it all the way back to NV, so this meant I had to go there and have the vehicle shipped back. When I added it all up, there basically wouldn't have been any savings at all. Had I known though that it was this hard to find my vehicle preference in this region, I probably would've done it back then.
Yes, Fitzmall in PA (Chambersburg) told me the same thing about being there to sign. However, Fitzmall also has a location in Maryland at Gaithersburg. I bought my '05 Sienna there last year. I am not sure they have the same "you must be there to sign the papers" deal in Maryland. Just checked their website and they have a Rav4 4X4 Limited V6 in Blizzard White inbound (coming soon) to their Gaithersburg, MD location. Might be worth a call.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ravgirl2006

I feel your pain.

I have had a 4X4 V6 4WD in Nautical Blue with Taupe Leather preferenced here in So Cal. for 8 weeks. Still no sign of it.

I'm to the point where I will buy it from anyware in the US and as long as I can get a "reasonable deal", pay the $1000 bucks or so its going to cost to ship it out to CA.

So RAVers - anybody seen such a beast out there lately?.

-calkiwi

·
Registered
422 Posts
Weird about them requiring you to sign in PA. I owned my Rav a good week before I ever saw her in person because we did everything by FAX and FedEx. Not sure if they're the same region, but you might want to check Massachusetts for the specs you're looking for, because they have no problems at all with signing out of state. I got mine at Herb Chambers Toyota of Boston.

Becky

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, hang in there. I was in the same situation. I even was thinking I would wait for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe (I was impressed, Hyundai is hungry like Toyota was in the 70's & 80's).

I gave my salesman other RAV4 color choices as the search progressed and 1 week later I got something I want. My color preference was Flint Mica (SPORT model) and I still love it, but my second choice was Pacific Blue and I will have it next week.

I recommend visiting other dealerships often to see what they have in. I had also found a Classic Silver that arrived at a dealership the day beore I showed up, I almost bought it, but I just didn't like the color enough. You may have to pay a little more if you find what you want at another dealership. I'm sure if a dealership gets a very desirable color they are not willing to trade it to another dealership. It may be out there but "unavailable" or more likely what is said is that it is sold, may not be! Look around.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm here in Charleston, SC, no Rav4s like I wanted in the area.

I got back from the dealership a few hours ago where I put down $1000 for them to bring one down from North Carolina. It's supposed to be here tomorrow.

Base RAV4 - V6 - 2WD - White

I had to pay sticker price though, they sell every one they get. I've been trying to buy one for two weeks. I was about to give up and keep my '01 Accord V6 for another year or two.

I hope they aren't pulling a fast one on me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder if its the same one they have at Russ Beaverton Toyota here in Oregon. Blizzard V6 4x4 Limited with Taupe. Heck it may be the one they are talking about. They also have a Blizzard I4 Limited with Ashe Leather.http://www.russauto.com/ncinv/RAV4.htm

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ravgal........Check my album, it's exactly what you're looking for.

I also PM you.........hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts