Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested, I have successfully installed an Apexi SAFC (Super Air Flow Converter)...
I initially received a Map code , I believe it was due to initally doing all the settings on the SAFC unit... I cleared the code and didn't get it again.... being that OBDII ECU's are quite sensitive I will see if within the next couple days if the code returns or not.... I am hoping it doesn't come back because that may cause future problems with the way the car runs or is tuned.... and it will also become a pain resetting the code all the time.... also if I am forced to remove it I will not be putting in the turbo again... :shock: I did test the unit and it did respond to changes so I know it's functional... :D
I will take the RAV for a drive tomorrow and see... I installed my vacuum/boost gauge again too... and have a few more things left to install... :p
Pictures will be up soon for those interested....

****UPDATE****
Well may sound crazee but I took it all out again... :shock:
The SAFC will work great for tuning purposes, but the thing is the MAP sensor needs to be cut in order to run the wiring for the SAFC... no problems there....
Problem is I was going to install another eletronics component but it also requires the use of the MAP wire so it would actually conflict with the SAFC... so before it got too crazee I just decided to throw in the towel... :roll:

For those that wish to install the SAFC though I wrote down the wries/ECU/pinouts so no guesswork or analyzing needed... :)

Also if anyone is interested I will be putting it up for sale as well... :wink:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Beautiful dude. Its good to see that projects are up and running again 8) . Wish ya the best. Keep us informed bro. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mensajero said:
What did you do with the Apexi Super AFC II?
It's the Gen 1 model, much easier to use... I still have it, some guy bought it off me on Ebay but I have a feeling he might flake, I will have to see...
This is it:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mensajero said:
I'd do it for 175 shipped but I have to see if the guy ends up paying me or not... I will find out by tomorrow...
Let me know if you're still interested....

**Update** It has been sold, received payment for it...

If you decide to buy the gen1 same model as in pic I can let you know how to wire it up, I wrote it down so it would be easy to do. 8)

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
DJ Sueno said:
mensajero said:
I'd do it for 175 shipped but I have to see if the guy ends up paying me or not... I will find out by tomorrow...
Let me know if you're still interested....

**Update** It has been sold, received payment for it...

If you decide to buy the gen1 same model as in pic I can let you know how to wire it up, I wrote it down so it would be easy to do. 8)
Oh well, better luck next time. Anyway, DJ, can you send the installation diagram. I'm going to buy one for my RAV4. It is running pretty good. Not neck breaking speed or torque but very efficiently. Please send specific model that I have to use, and diagram. BTW, any other parts you want to get rid of :wink:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mensajero said:
Oh well, better luck next time. Anyway, DJ, can you send the installation diagram. I'm going to buy one for my RAV4. It is running pretty good. Not neck breaking speed or torque but very efficiently. Please send specific model that I have to use, and diagram. BTW, any other parts you want to get rid of :wink:
Well if you install one you will probably have to take out some of the other stuff you have like the Pivot thing... The SAFC is really good for fine tuning, but I strongly recommend you tune it at the Dyno in order to make full use of it... and you will see the gains as well...
I will email you the info I have... It will help you if you have a Haynes Manual for the RAV4... if you don't have one or don't have access to one and would like I can purchase one and you can send me payment and shipping charges....
Otherwise I can scan the few pages that you need to refer to... it will take me a few days though because i'll have to go somewhere to scan them... I don't have a scanner... :?
Anyways I will email you some pictures and notes I took later one... I have to head out right now...

Talk to you later...

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mensajero said:
I already have the Haynes RAV4 book, no problem there. I guess what you mean that I have to uninstall is the Next Level Performance module. that's cool. If you run into any money spending while sending the diargam, let me know, we can talk. Thanks DJ.
That's cool you have the manual... I will send you an email tomorrow morning with the info and also the pages in the Haynes manual to refer to... and if you still have any further questions I will explain them to you... it's a pretty simple install considering the hardest part was initially figuring out which wires to splice into... and I have already figured that part out... 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts