Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Let it go. Sounds like your husband was smart enough to check everything when he got the vehicle home. Old saying is, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Reactions: Dr. Dyno

·
Registered
583 Posts
Here it is.
Ok that is different than the vehicle pre delivery inspection report which is actually done by the service manager. The blank paper work that you have is from what was explained to me a protection for both the dealer and the buyer. At time of delivery all things that are still due to the buyer is listed so the buyer can't say the salesman promised them a bunch of other things.
I remember on my Lexus they promised me lifetime chip repair and I made them write it down on that paper. I signed that paper but looked for it a year later and could not find it. They never gave it to me. However I did get the actual pre delivery inspection sheet.

I guess I would make an appointment with the sales manager and nicely explain the situation and see what he says. The really only important item is the promised services or items. I suppose you could hypothetically say the salesman promised you lifetime free service and have them prove he didn't. They pull the sheet and the signatures don't match. But if they did not promise anything then you are really making more out of it than it is worth.

The pre delivery inspection should be able to be produced by the service manager based on your VIN number.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The PSI on door jamb is the "recommended" psi for comfort. You just never want to EXCEED the PSI that's listed on the tire sidewall.

I like my tires at 38psi vs recommended 33psi.
I know someone who as an uninformed teenager tried to be a good car owner to his classic car and inflated to the tire pressure on the sidewall. He crashed it on the way home due to overinflated tires. Granted new cars have computers to make lots of corrections and beep at us but it can still be a costly error.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think there was more to that story than overinflated tires, like aggressive driving. Overinflated tires won't make you crash

Edit: With regard to the OP's situation, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd just move on and let it go..

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I got my rav4H in 2019 and Venza last year, I never got the list, and even worse I drove Venza about 100 miles before I found out the tire pressure was 50!

·
Super Moderator
11,823 Posts
What people have to realize is that lying is a way of life with salespeople. It's called "sales puffery" and they can do it legally ALA they don't put it in writing.
In this case the salesman has been doing it so long it's simply a way of life and like a kid lying to his parents kept trying to cover himself but only getting in deeper.
So, as others have said, you got the car, it's running just fine, so don't get you BP up over it, and NEVER believe ANYTHING a salesman says again.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
It needs to be reported, not only for yourself, but future customers of that dealership.
Exactly. I can't believe how many replies here are from people that don't seem to care if their signature is forged. When did this become acceptable?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Exactly. I can't believe how many replies here are from people that don't seem to care if their signature is forged. When did this become acceptable?
We all would care. We would let them know (the idiot GD salesman and then maybe the sales manager). And then let it go. There's no where to go but wasted time on the phone or in the dealership, nothing to gain, time to lose, and enemies made by pushing this further and further. One phone call to let them know you caught them, embarrass the offender and let the powers-that-be at the dealership know and then whoooooo-saaaaa let it go.

Edit: I think many of us have been down this avenue before. Wronged by a large business owner (or whomever else in power) with the clear convincing facts on our side... but no one seems to give a care. It's not quite a large enough dollar amount to seek legal aid. And that's where it ends. Just a lot of stress with no resolution. Best to recognize those things, do what reasonable thing you can (tell them you know what they did), and then move on with life. I think I may have poited this out in my first post but here it is again: life is (or can be very) short. This s*** isn't worth it.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
We all would care. We would let them know (the idiot GD salesman and then maybe the sales manager). And then let it go. There's no where to go but wasted time on the phone or in the dealership, nothing to gain, time to lose, and enemies made by pushing this further and further. One phone call to let them know you caught them, embarrass the offender and let the powers-that-be at the dealership know and then whoooooo-saaaaa let it go.
No where to go? I'm sure the State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers and Salespersons in my state would take an interest if I told them that my signature had been forged by a car dealer. Oh, but I wouldn't want to ruffle any feathers.

·
Registered
611 Posts
As a sales person have been for a number of years ( not vehicles) yes sometimes yes have to bend the true. I have meet sales people who who could flog you a dead horse on the pretext it's just lying down resting. Then again customers are no angels either, I have lost count how many times I have put a lot of work into a potential account only for them to turn around shop me to a competitor who has promised them the earth for a few $$$ cheaper. So it flows both ways, yes we hate it when we get stung, but brag about it when we think we put one over on someone else

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
As a sales person have been for a number of years ( not vehicles) yes sometimes yes have to bend the true. I have meet sales people who who could flog you a dead horse on the pretext it's just lying down resting. Then again customers are no angels either, I have lost count how many times I have put a lot of work into a potential account only for them to turn around shop me to a competitor who has promised them the earth for a few $$$ cheaper. So it flows both ways, yes we hate it when we get stung, but brag about it when we think we put one over on someone else
Did you find it necessary to forge signatures to make a sale?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No where to go? I'm sure the State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers and Salespersons in my state would take an interest if I told them that my signature had been forged by a car dealer. Oh, but I wouldn't want to ruffle any feathers.
I hear you and I definitely share your enthusiasm. I've spent days and weeks mad about things beyond my control... but please let me know what your (or OP's) State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers and Salespersons does to help this type of situation in which no one was significantly harmed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As I said before IMHO there is very little to be gained (for you - the wronged party). I would still pick a busy time to show up at the dealership and make the sales staff uncomfortable enough to make sure the numbskull who forged the signature learned to never do that again but make no mistake - that would be for them and the customers in the showroom - not for me.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
386 Posts
With Crazyhorse and Salmon on this one. It's not like they said they did something when they actually didn't ( an everyday occurrence at a dealership ). They FORGED a signature. Don't need to get any blood pressure up, just put the salesman and his boss in a really uncomfortable position at the dealership. The OP says the salesperson was already stuttering and stammering on the phone, can you imagine the guy in person in front of the boss. Ask "What other documents did you sign for me ? " " Is this a common practice at this dealership ?" " Who has all of the documents with the personal information I filled out for the credit app ? Can you get those, I want to check my signatures ? " I would act all upset on the outside but laughing on the inside as they do the apology dance and fumble around for documents. I don't know how they could not fire the forger after that embarrassment.
Clothing Product Sharing Gesture Tie

·
Super Moderator
11,823 Posts
Ask "What other documents did you sign for me ? " " Is this a common practice at this dealership ?" " Who has all of the documents with the personal information I filled out for the credit app ? Can you get those, I want to check my signatures ? " I would act all upset on the outside but laughing on the inside as they do the apology dance and fumble around for documents.
I gotta agree with laughing on the inside while looking dead serious. Maybe even take someone with you that acts like a lawyer. Might buy you some caveats down the road.
In any case it would be a good way to take the "temperature" of the dealership for future reference.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Did you find it necessary to forge signatures to make a sale?
You're being dramatic there, that form really means nothing. If the forgery was done on a form that mattered it would be different. Really that form is no more important than a novelty certificate for Female Body Inspector.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
You're being dramatic there, that form really means nothing. If the forgery was done on a form that mattered it would be different. Really that form is no more important than a novelty certificate for Female Body Inspector.
You're entitled to your comedic opinion which seems half-baked to me. If someone forges my signature, and I become aware of it, they are going to answer for it. It's not a joke to me. If they are willing to forge a signature on this document where else are they doing it?

·
Registered
555 Posts
You're entitled to your comedic opinion which seems half-baked to me. If someone forges my signature, and I become aware of it, they are going to answer for it. It's not a joke to me. If they are willing to forge a signature on this document where else are they doing it?
Answer how, how exactly were they harmed? What exactly do you think they can do besides raise their own blood pressure?

Why, so you could really show them?

They barely punish people for identity theft, and that causes actual harm and losses.

The best thing they can do is leave a bad review or call the 1-800-toyotasomething number and really all that will do is waste their time.

Other things are different because they can be actual crimes. Making someone butthurt isn't a crime.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.