Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. I'm really happy with the color combination. I don't think I'm at liberty to discuss pricing, so I apologize for that now. It's a friend that has the local dealership, and I believe that reflects on the deal I received. If I didn't have any ties to the dealership I would be more then happy to say.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Yes, I do like the interior color scheme. Wish I could modify mine to be similar.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes, I do like the interior color scheme. Wish I could modify mine to be similar.
Enjoy!
Yes, my first thought. That's a very attractive interior. Congratulations.

The front end? The previously mentioned "storm trouper" look seems appropriate, especially with the white exterior paint.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check your rear bumper to make sure the salesperson didn't back into that pile of pallets.JK......nice looking RAV.
Just received a text back from the salesman. Thanks to the birds eye view camera, he was able to avoid the pallets. Lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice, congrats! The interior looks great. I like how the front end looks, especially if what I think is LED Drls are actually LED DRLs. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Congrats. Looks very nice in White. I have not been fond of the front restyle. I do find this all white look appealing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I picked up the Rav today and couldn't be more happy with it. My first impressions have been great. I was a bit worried about the ride quality after reading some reviews on the forum, but I find the ride great. Granted I'm coming out of a 2015 VW GTI, so obviously this feels much smoother. The new tech features all work well. The JBL stereo sounds fantastic, and that's after having the Fender stereo in the VW. That being said, it doesn't appear they have addressed the lack of base issue in FM mode. I very rarely listen to FM so it's not a big concern for myself. The vehicle looks amazing. Pictures don't do it justice. If anyone has questions about the 2016's, feel free to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
If anyone has questions about the 2016's, feel free to ask.
Very nice.

1.) What do they call that interior color scheme?

2.) Are the seats tan and black or tan and dark brown?

3.) What is that button next to the USB/3mm pin plug panel? Rear window wiper? On the '15 Limited, the rear window wiper control is on the wiper stalk.

4.) I thought the '16 Limited has homelink in the rear-view mirror. Is that a U.S. specific thing, or are the buttons somewhere else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone has questions about the 2016's, feel free to ask.
Very nice.

1.) What do they call that interior color scheme?

2.) Are the seats tan and black or tan and dark brown?

3.) What is that button next to the USB/3mm pin plug panel? Rear window wiper? On the '15 Limited, the rear window wiper control is on the wiper stalk.

4.) I thought the '16 Limited has homelink in the rear-view mirror. Is that a U.S. specific thing, or are the buttons somewhere else?
1. The color scheme is called cinnamon.

2. The seats are black and tan (cinnamon)

3. The button is a windscreen wiper defroster. Not sure if it's a Canadian only thing because I haven't seen it in a picture of a US one

4. It does have homelink, the buttons for it are under the mirror. Hard to see in the picture. The new frameless mirror looks fantastic.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thanks. Black and dark brown would be attractive, but what you have is pretty nice too.

On the U.S. versions, the windshield defroster controls are with the A/C controls. The two furthest buttons away from the driver, next to the passenger temperature control dial. One of your pictures show the same two controls. One defroster for the front windshield, the other for the rear window. Maybe that button is for headlight washers?

Ah ha! I think I understand now. Looking at the '16 Limited Owner's Manual, on page 417, they indicate that specific button is the "Windshield wiper de-icer (if equipped)". The manual states, "This feature is used to prevent ice from building up on the windshield and wiper blades." Can't say for sure, but I think that is different than a defogger/defroster. Interesting. Something that you Canadians will find most useful and most of us in the lower 48 wouldn't need often, if at all.

Another question. There have been complaints about sun glare off the center nav display and I understand one of the changes for the '16 models is to inset it further into the dash. It doesn't look like it is 'inside' further than my '15. How is the sun glare off the screen?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another question. There have been complaints about sun glare off the center nav display and I understand one of the changes for the '16 models is to inset it further into the dash. It doesn't look like it is 'inside' further than my '15. How is the sun glare off the screen?
Yes it's a wiper deicer. Definitely useful up here in Canada.

I haven't had the chance to drive in sunlight yet, it was cloudy today. So I don't have a report on how the glare on the screen is. But I'll report back once we get some sun here.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Congrats! That deicer feature worked great on my '12 Highlander SE when I had it - wish it was included on ALL the NA issued RAV's.

Hey, my '09 RAV didn't have heated mirrors but my '15 XLE does - I can wait for the windshield wiper deicer. ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Does the Limited have a sunroof? Where's the spare tire located?
Yes. Under the 'floor' in the cargo area. It's one of those faux spares.

Reactions: carmike
1 - 20 of 42 Posts