Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I resently changed the spark plugs and coil no 2 because I had codes now those codes are gone and I had a little vibration when I was stopped so I put some injection cleaner in my gas tank then the light came on again and I got the codes 420 and 430 .My question is would the injection fuel cleaner have anything to do with the catalyst converter codes?

·
Super Moderator
9,542 Posts
more likely you have 200km+ on it

·
Super Moderator
9,542 Posts
The codes are often caused by the catalytic converter getting lazy with age. Sometimes they can be revived temporarily with a good cooking by running the car at high revs in a low gear for a few miles. Otherwise it's either a new cat or this cheater fix:
You can try replacing the pre and post O2 sensors first but I had to employ the "fix" on a friend's 200,000+ mile Civic that already had two new sensors AND a new cat. It's been working keeping the SES light and codes off for two+ years.

·
Registered
576 Posts
What year is your second generation Rav4?

Member and second generation Rav4 owner "Mach III" built the RC filter described below and said it eliminated his Rav4's P0420/p0430 codes:
See The final solution for the dreaded P0420/P0430 codes?

Last month I built one of these filters for the rear oxygen sensor signal on my first generation Rav4. I used a 1 megohm resistor and 4.7 microfarad capacitor, just like the filter in the video above. Here's my DIY guide for the filter: Rear Oxygen Sensor Modification (for Code p0420) - ellessite

1 - 6 of 6 Posts