Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I've read all the threads on acquiring and installing one. I want one of the 06 models with the knob, doesn't matter if it's a changer or not. If I get a changer, the SOB better lock the trays before shipping.

Questions:

1 - Of the ones that are purchased off of eBay, is there or is there not a security lock code required after it's been re-installed and powered back on?

2 - To get satellite, do I need to purchase an additional adapter and antenna?

3 - Sound deadening - is it worth it to just do the door panels? Since I will have them off to replace the stock speakers, I was considering this. Expensive? Any brand recommendations? Dynamat?? Pain in the ass?

4 - Is the manual necessary to figure things out, like 'hidden' features? Is the manual available on-line somewhere?

Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
JohnnyG said:
1 - Of the ones that are purchased off of eBay, is there or is there not a security lock code required after it's been re-installed and powered back on?
I can't speak for every model made, but mine didn't.

2 - To get satellite, do I need to purchase an additional adapter and antenna?
Yes.

3 - Sound deadening - is it worth it to just do the door panels? Since I will have them off to replace the stock speakers, I was considering this. Expensive? Any brand recommendations? Dynamat?? Pain in the ass?
Anything that reduces noise in the cockpit is worth it, but as far as a pain in the ass, the amount of "worth" is entirely up to you.

4 - Is the manual necessary to figure things out, like 'hidden' features? Is the manual available on-line somewhere?
No, and No. You can search google for the hidden keys like I did. I wish I could remember how to do them, or how I found them, but that was several months ago, sorry.

Wayne

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wayne.

Here's the link to the FAQ for the Scion, just search for 'radio' in the page and you will find the three 'hidden' features of the radio.

http://tinyurl.com/cwb5n

1 - 3 of 3 Posts