Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the subject line pretty much sums up my new ride. The only adjective remaining is "Pacific Blue". This is MUCH better than the vehicle it replaces, 1994 Saturn SL1 with 185,000 miles. The change was due.
I stayed with the cloth vice the leather for two reasons, leather can be kinda slick before the seat heater can warm it up and I wanted to avoid roasting my posterior on those wonderful summer days that I'm looking forward to enjoying.
I've had it in my stable for 8 days and I've accumulated almost 900 miles of bliss. I love the feel of lumbar support!

I've seen Corvette caravans and Mustang herds in organized rides on the weekends. Are there any RAV4 Road Raves? It could be interesting. Bring the kids!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome fellow Cheesehead!!!

Thus far no Rav meets in our area. It's a bit surprising how few Wisconsin/Illinois people are registered here in comparison to the huge number of Ravs on the road in WI/IL. Dan Dahl (Appleton) tried to raise some interest some time ago but no luck, and I believe Dan is an ex-Raver now.

Anyway, enjoy the Rav, I know you'll love it!!!

Becky

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yupper! I have a 40 minute commute to work. Without that support I was dying. Let's face it, 12 years is hard on any car. That Saturn started every day, but sure wasn't comfortable for drives of any length.

The higher seating position makes me feel as though I'm on top of the world, or at least, it makes it easier to find my way to the promised land.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations...That the same color I want. Alas..I'm still saving $

My current ride has 160k on it and is 13 years old...I bought my Ford explorer new in 94. I know how you must feel...I have RAV4 V6 Envy..lol

Best of luck with your done deed...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! It sure looks beautiful in the sun! I've had it over a week and it's starting to accumulate some road grime, with all the recent snow and rain. I thought this morning would be perfect for a quick was on the way to work. Much to my chagrin, the wash was closed! I gotta get my baby clean before I go out to dinner tonight!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dinner reservation is at 6. I don't think I'll get it clean tonight. We'll see how tomorrow shapes up. It's supposed to be stormy. How perfect! I can watch the lightning through my sunroof!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts