Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the Scotchgardâ„¢ Paint Protection Film applied to their vehicles?

What is the general consensus on this paint chip protection method?

Also, what other types of paint protection are there out that will do a good job of protecting a vehicle from stones and things that occur from everyday driving?
:shock:

Here is a link to the 3M site:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's expensive.. heh..

I have not had it done yet but I will.. to atleast the leading edge of my hood because I have the worst luck with rock chips, etc.. :(

It will probably cost me about $150 to get it done.. But will save me a lot of headaches in the future with touch up paint..

The 3M dealer I called also said that he uses a product by Avery that is superior to the 3M protection.. The Avery comes with a 7 year warranty as opposed to 3M's 5 year and he said that the Avery is a more clear film.. He said that the company had some problems awhile back in regards to film but it wasn't auto film.. So I think I may try it.. He said that 3M is going to shoot to make a film like Avery's next year.. So sounds like it is some pretty good stuff.. Might want to check into it.. I can't find too much on the net but I haven't looked extensively either.. Might be worth checking into though.. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts