Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Scotty's 2005 RAD4

1137 26
Earlier this year I was in need of a commuter car since I started a new job with an almost almost 90 mile round trip commute. I have a 2020 Ram 2500 that gets 14mpg, so I was definitely needing something more economical. A few months back, I bought this 2005 with 106,000 miles for $2500, which I feel was a great deal! So far, my RAV has been averaging 23mpg's, so it's saving me quite a bit. The car was mechanically solid, but filthy. I also have receipts for work that was done a few days before I bought it, such as recent tires, alignment check, new struts and shocks, oil change, a new hood release cable, a few other things. Since buying it, I've been pouring over these threads, getting ideas, and learning about my car. I've done a few things so far and figured I'd share them as best I can.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire

This was the day I bought it. The Arizona sun really takes it's toll on plastic headlights out here. This thing was filthy on the inside and in desperate need of a detail.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
2005 RAV4, 4WD, AT, Base
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you for that link! I鈥檒l have to measure mine, but that鈥檚 probably going to work just fine and look way better than that green! Very cool! 馃憤馃徎

Registered
2004, Automatic
Yep, the auto function still works just like factory. To me, it's a very worthwhile upgrade. The amber is a very close match to the dash lights as well.
Anyone have trouble with these? I just installed them and 2 days later the rear window switches on the drive panel get stuck in the down position (basically a poor mans "auto down" haha). Additionally one of the rear window switches on the driver panel just didn't work for about 20 min today

Registered
2004, Automatic
Haven't had problems either. Did you try swapping the OEM back and see if it does the same? If not, you may want to contact the seller and request a replacement.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
I contacted the seller, sent some videos, and got a 50% refund. Im going to take it out and check the install to see whats going on. Will let you know.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts