Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Toyota's literature on this is not up to date. I just purchased a 2016 Rav4 with the 6.1 inch touch screen that has the APP button and it uses Scout GPS Link. My system does not have the built-in GPS, just the Scout app that is loaded onto my iphone, and it does work.

What I also find odd is that on the window sticker it says Entune Audio plus, 6.1 touch screen with Scout GPS Link. Yet, I tried to install the Entune app on my iphone, I was prompted for the VIN, and once entered it said it wasn't compatible with my system. Go figure. Anyhow, the Scout GPS app does work well.

My only issue I have is that when I begin a route, the GPS App on the car's screen shows up for about 30 seconds, then the screen reverts to the main home screen, yet Scout does keep giving me audio guidance. If I manually go back using the APP button to show the directions again, it still will only stay on the touch screen for about 30 seconds. I am sure this is a "feature".

·
Registered
38 Posts
Toyota's literature on this is not up to date. I just purchased a 2016 Rav4 with the 6.1 inch touch screen that has the APP button and it uses Scout GPS Link. My system does not have the built-in GPS, just the Scout app that is loaded onto my iphone, and it does work.

What I also find odd is that on the window sticker it says Entune Audio plus, 6.1 touch screen with Scout GPS Link. Yet, I tried to install the Entune app on my iphone, I was prompted for the VIN, and once entered it said it wasn't compatible with my system. Go figure. Anyhow, the Scout GPS app does work well.

My only issue I have is that when I begin a route, the GPS App on the car's screen shows up for about 30 seconds, then the screen reverts to the main home screen, yet Scout does keep giving me audio guidance. If I manually go back using the APP button to show the directions again, it still will only stay on the touch screen for about 30 seconds. I am sure this is a "feature".
Not all of the Entune systems come with the Entune Apps, for instance the '15 XLEs without Nav didn't include it which is the Entune Audio Plus.

Can you add the GPS app to you home screen?

·
Registered
846 Posts
No luck for Canadians. When I try to enter my VIN manually or after taking a barcode scan, a messages says my vehicle isn't eligible. Smartphone it is then.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Same thing here. Is there a specific Canadian site for Entune?

No luck for Canadians. When I try to enter my VIN manually or after taking a barcode scan, a messages says my vehicle isn't eligible. Smartphone it is then.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Same thing here. Is there a specific Canadian site for Entune?
Probably not. I checked Google Play on my Canadian Google account and no Entune was listed. I have another Google Play account that's been set up almost like a US account (forgot how but likely with a US billing or shipping address I never bothered changing) and was able to download the Toyota Entune app but when I entered the VIN, it says my vehicle isn't valid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very disappointed in Toyota for providing us with such an antiquated system that is dependant on the use of a smart phone using phone data in these expensive cars. Shame Shame on them. I just bought a new '17 RAV4 and had no idea. Heard bad reviews on the Entune ap as well. I suppose if I just listen to my favorite radio station and also perhaps consider a subscription to Xm after trial runs out I may be OK.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very disappointed in Toyota for providing us with such an antiquated system that is dependant on the use of a smart phone using phone data in these expensive cars. Shame Shame on them. I just bought a new '17 RAV4 and had no idea. Heard bad reviews on the Entune ap as well. I suppose if I just listen to my favorite radio station and also perhaps consider a subscription to Xm after trial runs out I may be OK.
Actually I think it is a good option if you don't want to buy the higher end system with Nav built in. I have 2 camrys with the premium system with built-in Nav and I just hate the Nav compared to other cars I owned. I purchased the standard system with Scout GPS this time around with just using a $99 Garmin with lifetime maps and traffic. I have used the scout a few times and pretty pleased so far considering I wasn't expecting much. Not sure if I'll continue with scout or Garmin but happy I save the money on the premium system.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts