Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
FYI that's not a wrc hood, just a regular all-trac hood.

Great find !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Final Paint will come next summer after the engine is swapped, Flat Black For now! It's a Beast!

Tires are Hercules Terra Trac AT2 235/65/R17. with 1/4" Aluminum Spacers on all 4 tires. Yes, A 5 Lb Sledge Hammer to the Fender Wells (as well as significant cutting of splashguards) was necessary.

NEXT:
OLD MAN EMU
front springs
rear springs
rear shocks

MONROE
Sensatrac front struts
new strut mounts
new strut boots
new strut mounts
strut spacer front

It's a sickness..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I'm pretty giddy about it. Now some may think I'm crazy but, the temperature needle on the guage usually sits perfectly level. I'm convinced that the needle is now slightly below level, I could see heat waves coming out of the hood scoop at a red light today. It's kind of an awesome and silly Mod at the same time. If I knew nothing about RAV'4s I would have a chuckle seeing this.

I didnt weld a damn thing. PL Premium adhesive, when used with a Mist of water, is incredibly strong. I used the rivets temporarily, while the PL Premium adhesive cured over 48 hours, ground them off and mudded it all out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Rav4hunting, that looks siiiiiick!! I LOVE it! And its even better, too, that you scrapped it and made it yourself---that's so COOL!
And also I agree with V8Rav--that black is doin' it. I'd keep it black!!

(In fact, I'm thinking of going black, because I recently got caught in a horrible, catastrophic hail storm, and so I've been learning PDR and roaming junkyards, lol. (home-made Glue pulling really works) Maybe I'll find a cheap junkyard hood, paint it black, and replace my hailed-up hood.) Your Rav reminds me of a bigger version of this Rav here:

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I was just wondering, what happens when it's raining? Isn't the water going to get into the engine bay and mess up the electrical system?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.