Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this question has been asked many times already.
I recently went for some offroading and got lots of little scrache on my car. I have original scrath remover from toyota but its a preaty much a paint brush with same color paint and its way too big for the little scraches. Do you know good way to get rid of them or prevent them??????

P.S. I've seen on TSB's that theres a scrach resistant paint. Can you link me to some more info plez??

·
Registered
986 Posts
If the scratches don't go all the way down to bare metal, you can use something like Meguire's Scratch-X to buff them out.

R

·
0 Posts
Re: Scraches

Alien18 said:
Do you know good way to get rid of them or prevent them??????

There are temporary solutions but not permanent ones. Repaint is the only solution in my opinion.

As far as how to prevent them???

Dude...... uuuuhhhh.. don't go off-roading on narrow roads where bushes with thorns are sticking out????!!!!! :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Preventing scratches

A really nifty idea I've seen is these sheets of a magnetic rubber-like material, commonly used for fridge magnets. Buy some sheets of this stuff, cut to shape and stick it to the body work when you go offroading. Of course, this won't work for plastic bumpers and such, but it will protect the metal body work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts