Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tempered glass Screen Protectors are people finding to be the best? The one I installed on my smartphone looks perfect … as if it came from factory … but SuperShieldz doesn't make them for cars.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How often and what are you hitting your screen with in a car that you think a screen protector is in order? I personally have never had a scratch on a car lcd screen. It’s not like a phone that gets put in a pocket or potentially dropped.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How often and what are you hitting your screen with in a car that you think a screen protector is in order? I personally have never had a scratch on a car lcd screen. It’s not like a phone that gets put in a pocket or potentially dropped.
HAHA … I'm very careful. Passengers with ninja ballistic steel fingernails are not so much ...

·
Registered
758 Posts
With the amount of use the screen gets, I don't think a screen protector is warranted. What I'd like to have is some sort of dust repellent for the screen because it does attract a fair amount of dust. I do need to run a swiffer duster over it once in a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordred and installed this tempered glass screen protector from Amazon:

It is $10.54 and ships free with Prime. It is a perfect fit with surround cutouts for the buttons on the screen.
I much prefer tempered glass screen protectors to the flexible film ones.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It is $10.54 and ships free with Prime. It is a perfect fit with surround cutouts for the buttons on the screen.
Thanks, JAWG. Do you find it reduces glare and repels dust ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Reactions: SV_Trinity

·
Registered
445 Posts

Ordered. Thanks! Been waiting for something like this.

It says, "just wipe the touch screen after automatic exhaust". I guess that's why the "anti-explosion" feature is necessary.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thx for sharing, I will order one shortly as well :)

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Installed. Looks nice.

It's a heavier weight than the one I had in the previous car, but that one was not explosion proof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's another that's also available for the 7" screen.

I just installed the 7inch version of this. I like the look better than the matte screen and to my eyes it seems to make the screen sharper. Less dust and fingerprints too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts