Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - new member here....just took delivery of our new 2016 SE and so far it's great!

I'm looking to see if I can use the steering wheel controls to scroll through channels in XM mode, or whatever mode I'm in...so far it just seems to let me cycle through presets. I can't seem to find a menu setting that will let me select how those buttons are configured...is it possible to change that?

Right now, the tuning knob on the head unit is the only way to cycle through channels, but the buttons on the wheel are so much more convenient.

Thanks in advance and congrats on what looks like a great resource and community that you've established for Rav owners!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi there - new member here....just took delivery of our new 2016 SE and so far it's great!

I'm looking to see if I can use the steering wheel controls to scroll through channels in XM mode, or whatever mode I'm in...so far it just seems to let me cycle through presets. I can't seem to find a menu setting that will let me select how those buttons are configured...is it possible to change that?

Right now, the tuning knob on the head unit is the only way to cycle through channels, but the buttons on the wheel are so much more convenient.

Thanks in advance and congrats on what looks like a great resource and community that you've established for Rav owners!
I set presets by going into Audio screen and listening to a station and pressing and holding preset number to save current station to preset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there - thanks! What I want to do is scroll through all the channels, not just the presets....with 200+ XM stations, I like to channel surf...previous cars I've had 'channel up/down' buttons on the wheel to let you do that.

So my question is, can you switch the up/down button functions on the wheel from presets-mode to regular channel scroll? I see you can do this by holding down the up or down, but then you go flying up or down the range far too quickly (that's the scan function).

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tm....the controls in that left side toggle switch include the phone pick-up and hang-up buttons. So I don't have a left/right toggle.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey there - thanks! What I want to do is scroll through all the channels, not just the presets....with 200+ XM stations, I like to channel surf...previous cars I've had 'channel up/down' buttons on the wheel to let you do that.

So my question is, can you switch the up/down button functions on the wheel from presets-mode to regular channel scroll? I see you can do this by holding down the up or down, but then you go flying up or down the range far too quickly (that's the scan function).

Thanks!
If you go into audio screen and then scan all the xm stations, you should be able to use up/down steering wheel controls.
I did it once.
The car had to be still if I recall correctly..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts