Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Scuff removal from glove box area

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RAVishing 
#1 ·
So after a long vaca trip in the new RAV from Boston to Orlando (a post on the trip and how the RAV did will be coming soon...) I now have scuffs on the front of the glove box area from my and my girlfriends shoes as we crossed/uncrossed our legs on the ride.

Any suggestions for removing them? They are sort of embedded in the grain of the material that the front of the glove box is covered in and I fear causing discoloration if I simply try to rub it out by possibly rubbing to much.

Any particular products or materials folks can recommend for this?

#2 ·
I don't know if this would work, but i've seen it done on vinyl, and of course it's not the same thing, but if you want to try and not spend any money at all, you could try use a tiny bit of white average tooth paste and rub it in with a cloth. I've seen shoes scuff marks dissappear doing that. :)

#4 ·
Well usually I just reach down and pull the loose end of one of the laces, that untightens the shoe and I pull 'em off, heel end first.
Oh wait, duh, I misunderstood, did you mean you wanted to remove your girlfriend's legs? Gee, that's a lot harder, kinda severe just to avoid more skuff marks... I guess it's been done before but I think you need special tools that I really couldn't help you with. Check with a body shop.
:roll:

sorry, couldnt resist being a wise-ass...

#6 ·
garfieldgurl - good call on the toothpaste. i'll test it out on a hidden part of the dash and see if it does OK and then try it out on the scuffs if all is well with the test run.

gman - i did try the Armorall Wipes and they helped a bit but they are still there...

jabba2000 - thanks for the laugh. that was a riot! :lol: By the way, you don't happen to have a bone saw I could borrow do ya? :shock: :wink:

flyingn - fine paint compound? they aren't really scratches or scrapes in the dash. just scuff marks like what dress shoes do to a gym floor, but in this case, unlike a gym floor, the glove box door has a grain to it and the scuffs are in the grain so are more difficult to get out. is that paint compound abrasive? if so, won't it remove the grain as well as the scuff mark?

G
#8 ·
If you haven't done it yet, maybe the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser would work on the scuffs. I've seen those things do some amazing stuff around the house. ...like removing scuff-like marks from a painted door without marring the latex satin finish paint at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.