Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
ITS THE SHIT, definatly the best product ever made for automobiles. Also called "The magic in the white can".

Usually inconspicious due to the non flashy marketing but definatly heaven in a bottle. I use it every time i change the oil in my car.

I HIGHLY recommend this product.

Cheers

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things from people who have used this stuff.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mechaniki said:
ITS THE (bleep), definatly the best product ever made for automobiles. Also called "The magic in the white can".

Usually inconspicious due to the non flashy marketing but definatly heaven in a bottle. I use it every time i change the oil in my car.

I HIGHLY recommend this product.

Cheers
Here's a link for DYI: http://www.diyimports.com/seafoam.html

I've read that your plugs and oxygen sensor may get dirty.

If I do use it, I'll swap my new plugs with an old set during the cleaning.

Would it be a good idea to remove the OS?

SG

M

·
0 Posts
never really had a problem with that, but go ahead and do it if others recommend, anything that saves you an oxy sensor is worth trying.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just tried it and I'm impressed!

I used it as the DIY link suggests. 1/3 thru the brake booter, 1/3 in the gas tank and 1/3 in the crankcase.

The car runs smoother and it's definitely more responsive. I noticed the differenced almost imediately.

I played it safe by swaping my plugs and removing my OS. I covered the OS hole with a 50 cent coin wrapped in aluminum paper and held it place with a u clamp.

Great stuff!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just reinstalled my OS.

I'm glad I removed it.

Look at the stuff that would have been on it...

Sig

X

·
0 Posts
Sig,
Just wondering, now that it's been a few days, how's your experience with Seafoam? I just ran it through my brake booster last night and am curious what I may expect. I'm going to put some in my crankcase and gas today. I didn't experience the big clouds of smoke that a lot of other people I've read about have experienced. Did yours blow out a lot of smoke? With just putting it in the booster, it did seems to idle and respond better already.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Xosop,

For me, it's been excellent!

Besides it been smoother and more responsive, my MPG has gone up. Before I used to average 150 miles by 1/2 tan mark. Since my last fillup, I've driven 157 miles and I'm about 1/8" above the 1/2 tank mark.

Yep, it did smoke alot for me. That was fun :lol:

Let me know how it works for you.

Twizzel,

I'm not sure if you can get it in the UK.

Sig

X

·
0 Posts
Sig228

I don't know that I noticed a huge difference. It does seem to have a little more get-go now, but my mileage hasn't changed at all. I didn't take my O2 sensor out like you. If I take it out now and it's all caked up, do you know how I would go about cleaning it?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Xosop,

I guess I saw a bigger differnece because my car had more buildup than yours. What are you averaging in MPG?

As far as your 02 sensor, I don't know if they can be cleaned or not. If dirty, I guess you could try and to use a brass brush to clean it.

X

·
0 Posts
Now that it's getting warmer my mpg is finally going back up. I'm getting 20 mpg with mostly hwy driving. I thought I'd get better. When it was colder I was getting 16-17 mpg.

I haven't checked my O2 sensor to see if it's dirty or not. Hopefully I'll get a chance soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i know this is an old thread but the DIY link is not working...can someone tell me where the brake booster is?? or air intake hose? i've done the seafoam on my TL and Civic so i'm familiar with the process. i just need to know which hose to hook up the seafoam bottle to. pics would help!

·
Registered
654 Posts
which brake booster line did you take off? would it be easier to just take off the pcv valve off and suck it through there?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
awdblazer said:
which brake booster line did you take off? would it be easier to just take off the pcv valve off and suck it through there?
Same thing pretty much

1 - 16 of 16 Posts