Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Sealed Struts

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Sig228 
#1 ·
Can the Koni 8641-1319Sport be installed on a sealed strut via "bolt through the bottom"?

How would you rate the KYB GR-2?

What other options are there for a sealed strut?

See less See more
#5 ·
Mohit, from what I can tell from the picture of the Dobinson's; a sealed strut is one that has the shock "sealed" into the main housing that holds the spring perch? And a non-sealed ('96 - '97 RAVs) one; the shocks can be removed and replaced into the factory housings? :?:

Does anybody know whether the Bilstein Sport shocks are of the sealed or non-sealed variety? Just want to know for sure before spending the $$$$ on them. :lol:

#7 ·
Mohit said:
I recently got these Dobinsons sealed struts installed on my RAV. They fit all 4.1 and 4.2 RAVs.
Insteresting.

Are these considered performance or replacement struts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if the only difference between a sealed and non sealed strut for the 4.1 RAV is just that... that one is sealed and one is not. Otherwise they're the same... same dimension etc.

If that's the case, one could just go to a junk yard and buy some non-sealed struts then buy any insert you wanted and install that without any problems.

Anyone know if this is possible?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.