Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have bought 2006 Rav4 2 days ago. It is really perfect car. There is one thing I have problem with. How can I search radio stations manually? It searchs automatically only stations, which are avalaible to hear, but I need to choose the station I want, can someone help me? (Sorry for my english :) )

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Where are you located? Your English is fine. I am not certain that I understand what the problem is. If the radio stations which you want to search are not available where you are located they should be available when you take your RAV to a location where those stations can be heard, then do a search again. Or if those stations can be heard at a different time than they are when you do the first search, wait until they can be heard and do the search again. If the stations which you want to hear cannot ever be heard on your RAV's radio then it is not possible that they can be searched and located or heard on your RAV's radio.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi! I have bought 2006 Rav4 2 days ago. It is really perfect car. There is one thing I have problem with. How can I search radio stations manually? It searchs automatically only stations, which are avalaible to hear, but I need to choose the station I want, can someone help me? (Sorry for my english :) )
Not sure if 2006 is different than my 2010 Base with the base radio, but mine has a tuning knob. As you turn it, it increments to the next frequency. You can't manually input a station frequency, if that's what you mean.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,319 Posts
What country are you in? Most of us here are in the US and Canada. The radios installed in RAV4's are different all over the world.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply. I will try do describe what I mean: for example, I want to choose FM 97.5, but it jumps to FM 97.8 automatically, because FM 97.8 has got frequency and FM 97.8 has not. I am using a FM Transmitter Modulator so I need a station with no frequency. I hope you got what I want to ask

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your reply. I am using a FM Transmitter Modulator in the car, so I need a radio station, that can not be heared. But it searches radios stations automatically, only stations, which can be heared. I am in Georgia (coutnry), but car is from the US

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I am in Georgia, but car is from the US
I want to choose FM 97.5, but it jumps to FM 97.8 automatically, because FM 97.8 has got frequency and FM 97.8 has not. I am using a FM Transmitter Modulator so I need a station with no frequency.
In North America ( and other parts of the world) FM broadcast frequencies end in an odd number such as 97.5. In some countries the frequencies can end in even numbers, such as 97.8. And in some places they can end in .15, .25, etc. (see Wiki).

I'm not sure what plan they use in Georgia. The first step is to verify that your modulator can output a signal that your RAV is capable of receiving. You mention that your RAV jumps to 97.8 which would be impossible for a US model. Perhaps the original radio was replaced at one time to be more compatible with your countries radio stations.

If you can tune the modulator to a frequency that your RAV can receive, then I think the solution is simple. Just turn on the modulator and start a search. When you find your "active" modulator signal, save it as a preset so that you can go back to it at any time with the push of a button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My modulator works fine, it plays music but problem is that when a station has a good frequency, sound from the radio and the modulator mixes together and none of radio and modulator have clear sound. That is my problem. I see I can do nothing with it. I will use AUX cabel next time.

(Just for info, FM broadcast frequencies end both, odd and even numbers in Georgia)

Anyway, Thank you for reply! All of you

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My modulator works fine, it plays music but problem is that when a station has a good frequency, sound from the radio and the modulator mixes together.... I will use AUX cabel next time.
Doesn't your modulator allow you to select different output frequencies?. Some may offer a switch to select one of three possible frequencies, while others offer a rotary tuner to select any frequency at all. There must be some frequencies that are not being used by broadcast radio stations in your area.

If you have the option of using an auxiliary input, it should provide you with better sound quality anyway.

BTW, can you confirm that your RAV from the US had it's radio replaced with one more compatible with the radio bands in Georgia?.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.