Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found some procedure that has one do a key on odometer on odo....blah blah blah, it dont work on 2017 RAV4's.

Is there anyway of disabling the damn beeping, i hate not being able to stop this annoying noise, i cant find it in the owners manual either. Any help would be welcome.

Cheers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I did a search and found some procedure that has one do a key on odometer on odo....blah blah blah, it dont work on 2017 RAV4's.

Is there anyway of disabling the damn beeping, i hate not being able to stop this annoying noise, i cant find it in the owners manual either. Any help would be welcome.

Cheers.

Will also want to know how to do this, as soon as mine comes in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Quickdtoo, was hoping that there was an easy procedure, looks like ill have to get my son to read your link above and have him look into the tech end of things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is nuts.

I just picked up my 2019 RAV4 XLE. I have 4 kids. If I have 3 in the back and drop one off at school, it doesn't reset. It still thinks they are in the seat. I'll be driving down the interstate and the obnoxious beeping is going off. The only way to stop it is to pull over and power-cycle the vehicle or have one of the kids buckle the errant seatbelt. Both of those options cause a lot of anxiety while trying to focus on driving. This is crazy. I should be able to override this beeping as the driver of the vehicle when I know there is no kid in the seat.

I am sitting in the dealership now. After looking into it, they are disabling the beep but said the lights will still flash. That will work for now, but I would rather be able to temporarily silence the beep as the driver if it's going off erroneously. Until then, this "fix" will have to do.

They said they were told by Toyota that this is all normal behavior. Once it registers a kid in the seat, it thinks they will be there until the vehicle is power-cycled.

Absolutely ridiculous and I am hoping and praying Toyota sees how ridiculous this is and fixes it with some sort of software update.

This is a brand-new car and anybody who is in the car when this happens laughs and makes fun of Toyota due to the ridiculousness.

??‍♂

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used an app on my phone called Carista to do this and some other custom settings, cost me $9.99 for a week of use but I have no more pesky seat belt chime, my signal now flashes 4 times on lane change and the chime on my automatic rear door lift is different. Worked with a wireless iCarly OBDII unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts