Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow RAV 4 lovers,

A bought a 2013 RAV 4 Limited a few weeks ago. My wife and I like the car a lot. I am having a problem that the seat belt fastens to me WAY to tightly. I have tried putting a towel and/or a pillow between me and the belt. But no difference, it stills binds against me way to tight.

I have talked to my local mechanic and the Toyota dealership in my town, they can only replace the belt with a new belt.

Has anyone had a problem with the drivers seat belt being too tight? Is there another seat belt that can be purchased that will work with the RAV 4?

Not wearing a seat belt, is not an option. #1 rule safety

Thank you for help and welcoming me to your community.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Did Toyota change the seat belt locking mechanism/lock for the gen.4 RAVs? The seat belts on my '11 Base are loose unless there is a crash, or I pull on them too suddenly when putting them on.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeah I actually don't understand. It feels like any other seatbelt I've ever used. It has a very slight tension to it. Where is it feeling tight?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine in my 16 feels light to me. My only complaint is a downhill stop it can keep you from leaning forward to see past the huge mirror to turn left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello fellow RAV 4 owner, maybe I'm just a sensitive guy. But the belt cinches me in the stomach area. Very tightly

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hello Jeff, welcome to this community.

I also got a 2013 Limited recently (4.5 months ago) and have never had a problem with the seatbelts.
Did I mentioned I'm a bit overweight? ?
According to my doctor, 50 pounds over!

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Did you try my suggestion? Simple, effective and inexpensive, two for $4.65.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Those spacers from Dr Dyno look like a good solution, and they are not expensive.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seat belt

Much thanks, the seat belt adjustment is not perfect. But makes the situation 95% better.

Thank you for the suggestion, it saved me liking the RAV4

Josie

·
Registered
3 Posts
seat belt tension too tight

Iv'm new to Rav 4, 2010 used purchase( From a Honda CRV.) Getting to know the Rav4.

Seat belt hurts my chest & collar bone immensely! & I get migraines /have neck issues. It was a quick :surprise purchase. I hope It's gonna work out

Seat is also hard, manual. I may need padding? head support is awkward -does not match my 100 lb frame

1 - 11 of 11 Posts