Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'99 AWD Automatic, 4 door..Have read some posts on Seat belt ratchet switch issues and the warning light blinking when belt is on. Is it true that if a faulty seat belt ratchet is causing the seat belt light on dash to flash then the air bags won't work? Think I have seen responses both ways.
Which wire would I need to disconnect at the bottom of the seat belt assembly to get the flashing to stop? Understand one may interact with the airbag..

·
Registered
609 Posts
The 2 wire connector, 1 red with yellow stripe and 1 white with black stripe.
The first generation Rav4 only checks the seatbelt on the driver side and does not affect any other systems.
Your airbags will work, with or without the seatbelts.

·
Registered
609 Posts
thx..do you know which wire i would need to remove to stop seatbelt idiot light from flashing?
The 2 wire connector at the seatbelt retractor, just unplug it and you are done.
The location is the bottom of the post between the driver side doors. Just follow the seat belt as it retracts.
The 99 Rav4 only checks the driver, so you do not have to do the passenger side.

Do Not unplug any Yellow Connectors in your Rav4. Those bright yellow connectors are usually part of the airbag system.

The connector you want has one red wire with a yellow stripe and one white wire with a black stripe.
And the connector will not be yellow. I think the connector was gray but that was a few years ago that I was in that area, I got the wire colors from the schematic.

Reactions: eodgator
1 - 4 of 4 Posts